Skip to content

More fixture changes

Our new lords and masters Sky have changed our games at home to Posh on October 19th to a 12.30ko, home to Bolton is moved from Sat 21st December to Fri 20th, and away to Charlton on Dec 29th is now a 12.30 ko.

https://x.com/wwfcofficial/status/1818300522216272094

Comments

• Why on earth is the last game before Christmas moved to a Friday night? Who thought that was a good idea? What a ridiculous decision that is

• "the club and Bolton Wanderers have mutually agreed to bring forward their meeting at Adams Park to the Friday night ahead of the busy festive schedule." https://www.wwfc.com/news/2024/july/30/posh-bolton-and-charlton-fixtures-rescheduled/

• Seems bonkers to me, but if Bloomfield signs off on it (as I assume he will have) then crack on

• edited July 30

I imagine their thinking is that families will want to shop on the last Saturday before Christmas.

Plus it allows the players to celebrate Christmas early - on the Saturday without a fixture - and not disrupt preparations for the games on Boxing day.

Bonkers I know @manchesterchairboy, that the club might considered their staffs wishes!

They might even have considered the fixtures move on 29th too, but that's much less of a factor.

• I'm not going to quote my own post I made months ago, predicting this sort of thing would happen, but ...

I told you so!

• Awesome - Peterborough (h) now off the cards for families whose kids do stuff on a Saturday morning, Bolton (h) the same for families whose kids are too young to go to evening games, and Charlton away is on a fucking Sunday lunchtime

Awful all round

• For contacts, as it's not awful all round, I can now go to watch Bolton on Friday night and go Christmas shopping on the Saturday.

Also my granddaughter can come to the Peterborough game, which she couldn't do before because of horse riding.

And I watch Charlton on the tele which I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Winners all round.

• Congratulations

• I knew you'd see the positives.

• Football clubs really don’t mind showing just how much they hold their supporters in contempt, do they?

• It works for me but its mental that the Bolton game is being moved to Friday night for the benefit of the handsomely paid employees.

A sod of a trip for the Bolton fans, I don't buy the shopping Saturday excuse either - most of it is done online nowadays.

• The rescheduling of the Bolton fixture is a very poor decision indeed and it seems as if the fans have not been considered at all.

I speak as a fan who probably wouldn’t have been able to go on the Saturday but now probably can.

• The thing is, messing around with fixtures is fine (in a ticket sense) at PL level, because there is always demand. Arsenal aren't going to have a half empty stadium if they are moved to a Sunday. However, at our level, it seems a bit of a head scratcher as far as maximizing ST sales and attendance.

• I think as fans we are supposed to go giddy at the extra money we will receive (a Sky employee may even post similar on here soon) but seeing as our competitors all receive the same if not more it won't affect our ability to compete. That's before you start on the goodwill and risking losing life long "customers"

• Spot on - surely it will just inflate wages further and leave us in the same spot, but with less fans at the games?