Skip to content

Wanderers TV

I’m confused, what is happening to WTV and the matches live. Can I still access from my “weekend apartment in Paris”

Comments

• As I understand it then yes, there is no change to the way that "international users" access the games.

• Certainly, thank goodness, what I have been led to believe.

• Just seen the subs and cant seem to sign up to an Internationals Pass. My "current subs" leads me to a random Stripe page. Hopefully this will be updated.

• Ah interestingly, I had to re sign up with a new account and all the info is now showing. Cynic in me is saying they deleted my account knowing full well I was VPN'ing. Hey ho.

£190 for the international pass

• With my current WTV account I only get offered the option of UK Audio passes.

I suspect I am going to have to create a new account with a non UK address to get the International Pass, f***ing pain

• Have you tried with your VPN on?

• Yes, as per Chris just switch on.

It'd be odd if they did offer it to a registered UK address otherwise.

• Assuming you don't watch the highlights and you only use it for away games that's probably a bit pricey with the sky change.

Last year worked well as it was £20 cheaper and we had the long run in the cup.

Might have to go back to single game passes again, although that's more week to week admin.

• May I recommend the monthly Direct Debit option. Quite a lot more expensive but I think the continuity is probably important and, in my confined to barracks situation, I want to ensure that I can watch every game.

I’m glad to be supporting the club financially, even if it is nearly double the one off annual payment.

The other important factor of course is that I’m all too aware of my vulnerability to the grim reaper and cancelling the direct debit will be straightforward for the family.

• Yeah, was with it on in the US , without it doesn’t even give the option to select international pass.

All good will sign up with another account.

£190 works out at just over £4 a match plus cup games, but as mentioned, add on the Sky games.

£190 to the club though so happily pay that seeing as I can’t get to games. The club is a little strapped for cash so every penny counts.

• It's an absolutely brilliant deal if you don't go to (m)any games at all.

As an all home games attender, (bar whatever that lower league cup is called) who does a few aways, this price hike now makes it a bit borderline. Especially with no guarantee of a run in the aforementioned cup.

• Did have to provide a relevant billing address - thankfully I still remeber my address from when I lived in Brussels...

• Hmm, interesting. Think I will have to seek out the address of my ex fiancé's sister whom lived in Brussels for nigh on 30 years?! Can I contact you for assistance if required @Erroll_Sims ?

• Pretty sure you don’t need an overseas address

• Im going to go for the UK pass and spend every other Saturday avoiding the result so I can watch the game on Sunday ( Returning from walking the dogs at 6 and watching the game with tea and biscuits seems a very civilised morning ). Although my Saturdays will be a bit like that Likely Lads episode for the older readers out there.

• edited July 21

Yes, very difficult for most of us, who can barely go an hour without being online.

You'd have to avoid tv, all social media, be careful about phones, texts, even where you walk and with whom you meet up with.

All totally unnecessary when you can click a button on a computer and watch every game live. Even league cup this year ( I think?)

Not to mention that even when you don't know the score the feeling anything can happen is totally lost.

• A natty neckerchief a classic dimpled pint glass, happy days.

• If, hypothetically, I were a Vipienne resident looking to sort out an international pass, I would:

1) Enable VPN first

2) Create an account with an overseas address (until one does this, the option to buy the international pass doesn’t appear and the purchase button says “Manage Subscriptions” instead of “Buy for £190”). The overseas address could be anywhere - the Acropolis, Disneyland Paris, the Kremlin - take your pick.

3) Go to the subscription page - you should be able to buy the intl pass now

4) Whilst your account address cannot be a U.K. one, when you are filling out the payment info then a U.K. billing address is fine - obviously recognising the extensive community of digital nomads. Or something.

• Indeed @PBo, I set mine up whilst on holiday in Minorca. No problem with setting up the hotel as my account address.

• edited July 21

Had a quick look while signed in abroad.

UK options have fees against them, international options are there but no fee.

So looks like it's changed from last year where addresses didn't matter at all, it was just where you were logged in from,

• If anyone wants 3 months free I have a friends referal on NordVPN, there are some cheaper and I’ve tried most of them, but always found Nord to be the most reliable.

https://refer-nordvpn.com/MQgRqDtUCBy

• Has anyone set up an international pass yet? When I go to the new screen for subscription renewal, there are no options to do anything.

• Just to confuse things, the club just mailed out saying that last year's season passes auto renew! So you now have to specifically cancel it.

• Unfortunately the link to WanderersTV in that email results in a page with Error 500.

Then when I can log in to the account the "View Subscriptions" button takes me to a billing page at Stripe.com.

As a result I have no way to actually cancel the now auto-renewing subscription.

Help @bluntphil

• I had the same problem trying to cancel my renewal.

The better news is... an email to [email protected] did the trick and they cancelled it for me within the hour.

• edited July 22

I emailed to confirm that having already manually renewed my subscription I wouldn't get double billed & about an hour later got a very nice e-mail from Matt Cecil confirming that I wouldn't.

Cracking customer service.

• I too have received a very nice reply from Matt, all sorted.

• Yes, Matt and Phil prove themselves to be among the treasures of the club, again.