Skip to content

Ryan Allsop

Just signed 3 year contract with Birmingham City .Previously at Hull City. Birmingham also targeting Dan Scarr centre half.

Comments

• Ryan has done well to go on to a succession of bigger clubs. Reminds me of Max Stryjek, who is now a Champions League goalie.

• Incredible scenes.

Until you realise there's probably some regional village side that half the gasroom could boss that has played in the early qualification rounds.

• True - I just like referring to Champions League goalie Max Stryjek in that way, seeing as not everyone rated him.

• It remains to be seen if the team Max has signed for will sign another keeper. They have no recognised second keeper.

In the First Qualifying Round you have some minnows, Lincoln Red Imps being one who rarely play in front of more than 1000, even in the Champions League. Other teams qualifying from Wales, Iceland, Macedonia, Faroes, Latvia and Malta rarely see gates over 2500 for Champions League games.

The Second Qualifying Round tends to see very few small gates under 5000 unless one of the minnows gets through like Ki did this season and played in front of 1224. They made it through to the third round and switched the game to the National Stadium and still only got 4584 against Molde.

In 2019 a Preliminary Round game played outside of the home teams nation attracted a crowd of 35!

• Can't catch

• Rather like England's number one

• Meanwhile, the news has broken this afternoon that Franco has signed another deal with us

it says he will be here for the 2024/2025 season so I assume it’s a one year contract ?

• That's just our strange style of announcement isn't it? Declaring the player is here next season, but never saying how long after.

• Club, Manager and Player sign non disclosure agreements at the same time a contract is signed!

• I am assuming it will be Bishop #1 and Ravs #2, but Ravs is capable of winning games, so we would be well backed up if Bishop did not cut it.

• I wonder if Ravs has been promised Cup competition football (BSM Trophy, FA & League Cups) as Bishop might have a clause that stops him from being allowed to play in those just in case he's recalled by Sunderland?

• But if you work the system like that, who would you have on the bench as sub keeper for cup games.

imo if you come on loan you can’t have strings like that

• It'd certainly make sense for Rav to get the BSM games and maybe league cup. But doubt it'd be contractual to any level.

• Can't see that a loan agreement would be able to dictate which fixtures a player can play (other than not against the parent club).

Otherwise Sunderland would be dictating Wycombe team selection. Pretty sure that's against the rules.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if keepers rotate for the cup games as you describe.

• There are agreements in place for loan players and Cup Competitions. I remember on our FA Cup run that we had to seek permission from Chelsea so that Sam Parkin could play against Wolves (I might be wrong about the team).

Yes, that run was over 20yrs ago but in the modern day most clubs will set out restrictions and/or expectations for a player during a loan agreement. This also includes amount of playing time expected, percentage of wages paid by the club, a monthly fee and/or agreement for a permanent transfer, some involve that a transfer happens after "X" appearances. Other agreements in the paperwork would the framework for a player being recalled or if a club want to terminate a loan & if a player is allowed to play in cup competitions (some competitions will be named specially or it might be for all)

Wycombe probably / definitely fell foul of this last year as Breckin, Boyes & Philips probably didn't get the minutes / opportunities the agreement required so the parent club recalled them and Boyes & Philips moved on to other teams that would give them the minutes or better terms than what we had arranged.

• Also worth bearing in mind that a player's value will be affected to those who are cup-tied for that season. If Bishop has an amazing first-half of the season and lower Championship or one of the "bigger" teams in League one express an interest in signing him in January, Sunderland could get a higher fee for a keeper that doesn't have any restrictions on them

• Perhaps benefited from rather than the other way around, Young unknown players are a low risk gamble, but they are a gamble if you haven't seen them play much or they have no senior experience. Makes sense to have a check in around January and everyone move on if it's not working out.

Sone of the names there showed promise but we were a much better team after the changes.