23.19%
    2. The New Den - Millwall
      13.04%
    3. Field Mill - Mansfield Town
      28.99%
    4. The Kirklees Stadium - Huddersfield Town
      34.78%

Comments

• Fond memories of an absolutely freezing cold Tuesday night up in Grimsby - but not actually in Grimsby - for our FA Cup replay there on the way to semi-final glory.

I dunno, I just have a soft spot for Grimsby and their fans.

• Another group of death.

All four grounds have some extreme memories. Not all good though.

The scintillating Kevin Betsy on a Friday night in Cleethorpes or Martin Lee's free kick.

Beating Millwall in their own back yard a few weeks after losing there.

Gus Uhlenbeek and the snow at Stag Meadow.

6-0 drubbing at Huddersfield.

• Blundell Park - mainly for peak Gormania, but it is a decent ground.

• 2nd group round starts tomorrow, and the draw has already been held as of this morning (this group was entered as TBD).

Again, there was no seeding, which has led to a couple of tasty nuggets to advertise the next group stage with the big guns entering:

Sheffield clubs were drawn together!

Old Trafford and Anfield were drawn together!

Man City and Arsenal were drawn together!

There will be bad blood.

There will be tears and protests.

But for each group, there will only be one winner.

The Great Ground Vote, 2nd round...coming tomorrow!

• Found that difficult! I really like what Mansfield have done with it bearing in mind 1x side stand has houses immediately behind and can’t really reconfigure it. I went with that.

I went to Huddersfield’s first ever match when only 2 stands were open and Garner scored the winner, good memories but found it a bit soulless. Admittedly only 2 stands open it wasn’t a surprise. Millwall is a very dull ground in my opinion and not exactly a fun experience leaving the stadium as an away fan (especially if we win!) and never been to Grimsby

• edited May 28

Huddersfield, was there for the opening game at the stadium, we beat them 1-0 with a goal from Super Simon Garner (sorry @username123, repeating what you said there).

Think it was the first ground in this country to have that futuristic curved roof design, followed by possibly Bolton.

Have a soft spot for the big wood behind one of the side stands, always makes me think of the setting of the Frank Adams Stand.

• Me too @NewburyWanderer, had managed to get a hospitality package for that game. We really messed up their big day by winning 1-0, but a couple of pastings later I suppose they've got even.

• Has to be Huddersfield Town for me.

Lucky enough to be at the first game at the stadium as a 10 year old and think it/was the game I became I Wycombe supporter for life!

At least a couple of terrible games there since, but as well as that first experience always loved the stadium design too!

• Have to applaud Mansfield for blending in the ‘do not stand on the yellow paint’ sections with their colour schemes and seat design

• Been to all 4 grounds and seen Wycombe play at 3 of them. Wasn’t a fan of the atmosphere at the New Den and won’t be rushing back. Huddersfield put there ground to other use over the summer and I saw REM back in 95. Michael Stipe wore a Huddersfield shirt at the end which was bizarre. Although looking forward to seeing us there next season

• I love Huddersfield's ground - great design in stunning surroundings. Shout out to Grimsby though, there's something lovely about a ground entirely surrounded by housing.