31.58%
    2. DW Stadium - Wigan Athletic
      11.84%
    3. Kenilworth Road - Luton Town
      35.53%
    4. Prenton Park - Tranmere Rovers
      21.05%

Comments

• I think the Kenny photo is pre-renovations, but I doubt that will be the deciding factor!

• one of the few groups where I’ve watched Wycombe at all four! Seen us win 4 times out of 4 at Cheltenham and 3 out of 3 at Luton so two very happy hunting grounds there. Actually like all four grounds, voting for Luton purely off the memories - Alfie Mawson’s goal on Sky, watching Hayes and Thommo both score in a 2-0 Boxing Day win, and, one of the best Tuesday night’s I’ve ever had - Tyson scores twice and Scott Brown has the game of his life in that brilliant 3-2 win.

• The problem with Kenilworth Road is that it’s in Luton.

• Hate Kenilworth Road. It is not a place for someone who is 6 foot 3 inches (1 metre 90 for the kids)

• I love Kenilworth Road. I know I shouldn't but I do. A real throwback.

• A very modest ground but I really like Cheltenham. Easy to get to, easy to park, nice view of the hills and we generally do well there.

• I went with Tranmere. It seems I’m almost alone in that.

• My first away game was at Whaddon Road back in the very early 80s. A victory in the FA trophy so that gets my vote!

• Tranmere for me too. One of the very few all seaters that somehow still feels like an old school ground.

• Steve Hardwick was sent off, a very rare event for us in those days.

Gone for Cheltenham as well. Three fairly bland sides which have all been redeveloped, but the fourth side hasn't changed since I don't know when (a bit like Barnsley). Quite like it, for much the same reasons as @MindlessDrugHoover above.

• Tranmere is a good old ground and away trip. Cheltenham is a great away trip and lovely place with excellent watering holes. For a new ground Wigan is very good.

People have bought into the idea of Luton being able to host premier league football at their shit hole as either being funny or impressive but it isn't a good stadium, has no leg room, almost no facilities , is barely acceptable from a safety or hospitality point of view, should charge about a fiver as anything beyond that is taking the mick, isn't very accessible and is in LUTON. Stop voting for it, you're encouraging poor treatment of fans.

Put me down as a maybe.

• Oh yes I had forgotten the sending off of Steve Hardwick - seem to remember Terry Glynn getting the winner though?

• If you could design the worst possible ‘end’ to actually watch a game of football from, Kenilworth Road would pretty much tick all the boxes. To then locate it in the metropolitan delights of Luton would stretch the imagination of Marquis de Sade.

I went for the much more genteel Whaddon Road. Partly for the memory of hallucinating (no chemicals involved) Giant Armadillos crossing the road in front of me on the long cycle ride back from the Trophy game in 1981 (or whenever it was).

Never been to Prenton Park.

• Whaddon Road is an OK ground but I could never positively vote for Cheltenham in any way, they’re just so utterly inoffensive.

And it annoys me even more that I think (maybe until the peak GA dark arts era) that most opposition teams probably saw us the same way.

• edited May 27

Hold on hold on.....you can't just casually slide that in and move on as though it's nothing

You a) cycled to Cheltenham to watch us play and back again? and b) had hallucinations of giant armadillos on the way home?

• @bookertease - if you weren't on drugs, maybe they were real giant armadillos? Depending on the year, it could line up with the famous Great Armadillos Escape, when they broke out of all British zoos simultaneously and made their way to a mysterious summit at Stonehenge.

• Exactly this and I am only 5'-10 " (and a half at a stretch), or used to be, but think I am shrinking with old age. I haven't been at that ground since the days that we relegated them to the National/Conference league as I spent the whole game trying to sit on the back of my seat, whilst trying not to block the view of the supporter behind me. I simply refuse to give that club any more of my money. 🤷‍♂️

• Wasn’t quite like that. I was on a cycling tour down that way (I know it was January but there was a big cycling dinner at Ross on Wye a few of us went to every year so it wasn’t that far to get there. I was living in Norfolk at the time though so I cycled back in that direction after the game. Did plan to break the journey and stay overnight. Can’t remember where exactly I ended up staying but it was a pub in a small town I found shortly after ‘seeing’ the armadillos. But @Shev has reassured me that I wasn’t imagining things so I feel a whole lot better….

• "I was living in Norfolk at the time ..."! So, what - about 190 miles or so? In the middle of winter?

• edited May 28

Yes probably. I was not quite the sane and highly sensible person I am now.

(I used to do long distance time trials for fun back then).