33.82%
    2. Ewood Park - Blackburn Rovers
      39.71%
    3. Kassam Stadium - Oxford United
        1.47%
    4. The Racecourse Ground - Wrexham
      25.00%

Comments

• Surely the Kassam doesn't meet the criteria of a stadium @Shev?

• No, but in perfect serendipity, the vote is currently reflecting their unfinished effort. Two long sides, a short side, and nothing.

• I voted for Chesterfield purely on the basis of having seen us get promoted there, which is probably bad and on a “voting on the basis of the ground alone” it should have gone to Wxm, if I recall rightly then the CFC ground is one of those out-of-town template-o-dromes and Saltergate was better.

But I guess the Racecourse is not long for this world in its current state anyway, so there’s that.

• There are no rules as to the reasons you want to use, though I am aware that if the final reason is down to memories, Selhurst Park will win the whole thing!

• My only trip to Chesterfield was on Boxing Day 2001. It was postponed of course, but their fans were very sorry for us in the bar, high was nice. We went to watch Forest play Norwich instead, so i did see a new ground for a game, just not the one I wanted!!

• I remember that (non) fixture so well. I was in the car heading North on the motorway only to look to my right and see the players coach going south. It’s wasn’t until a little while later we heard the game was officially off.

• I had that exact experience that day! Seeing the players heading back in the opposite direction was a decent indication the game was off.

Got all the way to Chester one year (might have been the New Year fixture in 94/95 season), into the pub where a surprised landlord asked us what we were doing since the game was off. We didn't believe him so made him prove it to us on Ceefax (look it up kids)

Quick scan of the paper for local games and we ended up at Northwich Victoria vs Altrincham (along with a fair few other Wycombe supporters). As it happened that pitch was frozen and should never have been played really. The players were skating about in trainers

• I can add Cheltenham Town to the list of New Year (I think) fixtures called off late (or I found out late anyway). Remember going into the pub for a pre-match pint and finding out it was off. Several Wadsworth’s 6X later I’m not sure I remember that much…

• I also went to this only to find it was off. Was it early 90s?

• @Onlooker 1990/91 season. Odd memory - I remember International Bright Young Thing by Jesus Jones was on the radio as I got to the sodden ground. Just looked it up to be certain - made the charts in January 1991.

• I turned up there as well. Big clue as we got close was that the floodlights weren't turned on. We'd played Yeovil away on the Saturday hadn't we?

I'm sure it was after Christmas because a) I had my new "merch" on and b) a lady was sharing around leftover quality streets

What was also amusing was that pretty much everyone decided to sit in the covered stand down the side rather than stand on the open terrace behind the goal. One bloke hadn't got the memo and was the only man standing. His mates were mocking him from the stand as he grew ever more furious with them