Skip to content

The Great Football Ground Vote - Group P

Apologies to Barrow and Sutton - not a lot of decent (or recent) aerials of their grounds to be found.

Ground Vote - Group P
  1. Which is your favourite out of the following four grounds?64 votes
    1. Holker Street - Barrow
      23.44%
    2. Coventry Building Society Arena - Coventry City
      10.94%
    3. King Power Stadium - Leicester City
      15.63%
    4. Gander Green Lane - Sutton United
      50.00%

Comments

• Has to be Gander Green Lane, in memory of 10th April 1993.

https://youtu.be/feUqW__PCmg

https://youtu.be/wuxjGql2CmI

• edited May 24

That’s an aerial picture of Edgeley Park, Stockport County F.C. Here’s Holker Street from the air…

• Cheers mate! Unfortunately I can't insert this without deleting the poll, so hopefully everyone sees this before voting!

• Haven’t Sutton left the EFL or is this comp open to non league?

• I was shooting for 92 to make the numbers work, but as Wycombe and MK were not going to be part of it, I included all other 90 PL + EFL from this season (including Sutton and Forest Green), plus Chesterfield and Oldham as ex-EFL clubs, one of which is coming up and the other of which has the largest Conference ground. I did not include Bromley simply because they have not yet played a game in the EFL.

• Gander Green Lane. Classic.

• Gander Green Lane is another place to miss out for me because of the view, plus the only game I've seen there was a very tepid goalless draw. Like Holker Street - good atmosphere. The other two are too dull.

• Gander Green Lane, if only for the FA Trophy semi-final heroics in 1993.

• Only ground in this I’ve not yet been to, so cannot comment on Barrow.

Gander Green Lane is cracking ground, with a mix of stands and you can wander around from one side to the other.

Coventry is boring and when Wasps were there the pitch was absolute shite.

i do like the Kingpower and a great atmosphere normally!