20.00%
    2. London Road - Peterborough United
      12.00%
    3. Vicarage Road - Watford
      46.67%
    4. Pirelli Stadium - Burton Albion
      21.33%

Comments

• Have been to Vicarage Road at various stages and it's kept its intimate vibe throughout redevelopment, so I'm going with that.

• edited May 19

Me too, a ground I have been to several times in recent years. As you say, intimate after it has been completely transformed, reasonably priced, good eating nearby and easy to get to on the train.

• Uninspiring bunch, but Burton for me mainly because of the playoff clinching game in 2022. Also remember Gaz's goal there in 2010.

• Vicarage Road - saw my first ever league match there - used to go to most home games in the mid 70s with my dad and my uncles. Mike Keen was player- manager when I first went in 1974 - a MORNING kick off because it was League Cup final day - it used to be on Saturday in those days. Saw my first mass hooliganism when I was about 6 round about 1971 id think when some London club (obviously not Watford maybe Millwall?) ran through the town causing havoc. Wycombe's nearest ground Great memories of when football was football.

• Remember being in the away end a few times as a kid at Vicarage Road. John Cheesewright in goal on one occasion, and Paul Read upfront on another are my only memories. Oh, and losing both.

• Vicarage Road was the scene of my first ever live games too, circa 86 or 87. Watford-Luton and then Watford-Barnsley, both won by the home side.

• Not a particular fan of the ground itself but as my ‘local’ these days I can really only vote for the Keepmoat (or Eco-Power Stadium which it is but no-one ever calls it that).

• Went to this match at Vicarage Road with me best mate. Never been in such a frightening crush. Before kickoff we climbed over a seven foot wire mesh fence to get out of that section. We watched the match so we must have climbed into another section within the ground.

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=watford%20v%20liverpool%20in%20the%20%E2%80%98sixties&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:9d317fd9,vid:635RAbFSRsI,st:0

• My mum took me to see Watford v Chelsea at Vicarage Road back in 80 or 81. Height of the hooligan era and Chelsea's knuckledragging hordes duly delivered. Genuinely terrifying atmosphere in what had been well cultivated as a family-friendly ground long before such things were de rigeur.

Can't remember the exact score - 3-1 or 3-2 to Chelsea I think. Clive Walker scored, possibly twice. Always loved watching him on MOTD. Didn't he get done for streaking or indecent exposure in Wycombe many moons ago?

• Slim pickings Donnie and Burton are fairly friendly, can't see anything redeeming/ good about "the Vic", I am fairly local and very rarely feel the urge to pop in. Has a pretty good sandwich shop, maybe people are voting for that. The murals and statue for Graham Taylor are very good tbh.

• Went with Posh - canal boat before, amazing terrace for a number of years - particularly when we sang for the whole game when we got relegated final day.

Keepmoat and Watford also good, compact grounds and enjoyable

• I remember that game, had loads of mates who were Watford supporters at the time, (I was brought up in Chalfont-St-Giles from aged 10), I wasn't, I followed QPR as my dad followed them, he used to take me on my fortnightly visits.

Great game though and many of my mates were there and didn't stop talking about the game for ages. 🙄