Skip to content

NYFL Mens Trophy Final | Swindon Town Procision V Wycombe Wanderers - 30.04.24

Just remembered this was on youtube, Wycombe U19 2-0 up ATM.

https://www.youtube.com/live/HBgAFuoLr1M?si=SP7OVAdj_jPGv6Kt

Comments

• 3-0 win to Wycombe Wanderers U19.

• Damn, missed it.

• I'm confused, do we have a youth team?

• What is this? Genuinely.

• (terrible goal keeping for the second)

• Thank you. So it’s basically an old school

apprentice programme. That’s great.

• edited April 30
  • I've started following these on twitter. It's basically Henley college, but they are called "Henley college Wycombe Wanderers"

So... does this mean we actually have had a sort of youth team all this time but no one knew ?

Anyway, congratulations ! To win a national trophy there must be some decent players in there, can we naturally take them on or are they all available to be poached by other clubs ... so many questions !

• Captain Seb D'Aversa has featured regularly for Marlow this season. Not sure if he'll be available for tomorrow's play-off game after today's final though!

Believe the 'B' team is who Adam Ankers played for before he passed away?

• Men's?! - these are kids of school age!

• edited May 1

That was surreal. Like others, I was blissfully unaware of the set-up and I’m basically none the wiser now. At first I assumed it was at Swindon Town’s ground. Cottoned on eventually that it was the meccano-like Sixfields, home of Northampton Town.

Fairly chaotic football with neither side able to retain possession for more than a few seconds. No one struck me as being within a country mile of our development squad.

As I say, a totally unexpected surreal experience.

• PS Just to confuse me even more, the length of the players shadows made it look like it was being played in midsummer.

Final oddity. I’m pretty sure the commentator said that the referee was a Championship official.

• They are not at school, they are at college, some are probably old enough to drink

• It’s an Elite Football Development Programme run in partnership between Wycombe Wanderers Foundation and The Henley College to offer talented players aged 16-19 the opportunity to play top-level football whilst at the same time continuing their academic studies.

https://wycombewanderersfoundation.co.uk/sports-participation/the-henley-college/

• Thanks @MFH_Blue !