Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Charlton Athletic (h) - Sat 27th April '24 - Match 46 in 23/24

2»

Comments

• Been given as 6,702 with 1,781 Charlton.

• Sad that we couldnt breach the 5,000 home fans mark for JJs last game, but well played to the Charlton fans for such a good turn out

• Even if many of them thought the referee (Elliot Bell) didn’t know what he was doing.

For someone officiating in only his second Football League match I thought he was very impressive, letting a lot of the unexpectedly ferocious tackling go and cooling things down when they threatened to boil over.

Can’t recall as physically aggressive last match of the season as that one. Five yellows for them; two for us.

• Six yellows for Charlton. I was forgetting the one for the reverend Nathan Jones.

• Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 6702]

Many congratulations to @Commoner for being the closest on the final day. Fitting to take that title of Forecaster of the Week after a frustrating run in!

Congratulations to @robin, @micra and @Onlooker who were all within one hundred.

A mention for everyone on this table as everyone was within 10%.

Top Twenty for the Away Support: [Actual 1781]

Many congratulations indeed to @ryan_w_kirkby2 for a spot on prediction on the Final Day, such predictions don't happen often and it is pleasing to see one rounding off the season.

Many congratulations to @DevC, @NewburyWanderer, @thecatwwfc and @micra who all recorded single figure scores.

@williwycombe, @wwfcblue, @Erroll_Sims, @PJS, @robin, @a40, @DJWYC14 and @perfidious_albion joined the above in all being within 1%.

@Forest_Blue, @Twizz and @Onlooker were all within twenty.

A fine day for predicting for the number of away fans - and credit to Charlton for the number that turned up.

Top Twenty for the Home Crowd: [Calculated 4921]

Many congratulations again to @Commoner, top of the shop on this metric too.

We weren't far off the 5000 - very respectable for a last day dead rubber - congratulations to @micra and @Onlooker who predicted 5000 and were therefore within one hundred.

For those who are reading this who couldn't be there - I am sorry - it was one of the best post match atmospheres I have had the pleasure of experiencing and @railwaybeth tells me that the social media output from the club already captures a fair bit of it. Credit to those faces of the club - Matt Bloomfield, Matt Cecil and Phil Catchpole for their involvement in our involvement.

• Many thanks @railwaysteve for continuing to devote so much time and effort into running this enjoyable competition.

Hope you and yours have a happy and above all healthy close season.