Skip to content

Squad for next season

124»

Comments

• Can see it happening for GMac ( still looks fit). Not certain for Vokes.

• Keepers are funny position. They are all pretty mental. We had the Allsop v Stockdale dilemma in the Championship. I would argue that Allsop was the better 'keeper but Stockdale's personality made him seem massive when he stood in goal, some keepers almost have a forcefield around them and on his day he was one. Allsop never had that command despite technically being excellent. Max last season had that forcefield, this season he seemed to lose it. And where once a gnashing, snarling, chunk of a man stood suddenly was a vulnerable keeper who looked about a foot shorter. I hope he gets his mojo back as he was a terrific keeper for us on his day.

• Think of the chaos in front of him this season with the 5 at the back nonsense. Max has been very hard done by this season imho, save for the Barnsley shenanigans.

• Don’t right off Max yet. Unlikely to get back for remaining games this season but would imagine both keepers ( if still here) will start all square in pre season. Interesting Ingram seems to have fallen down the batting order at Hull. Would he come back?

• Can’t understand folk saying it might be over for Wheels! Fit, adaptable, bright. Seems happy to play when and where needed. Everyone needs a Swiss Army knife.

• I dare say the vast majority of Wycombe fans would keep him, but at the right wage.

If he's nearer the top end, he probably doesn't get into our best lineup now, let alone after a Bloomball transfer summer.

• Just to be clear I want Wheeler to stay - very much so.

But from what I’ve seen and heard that is doubtful.

• We probably say it most summers, but this one actually feels like it could be a real change of the guard.

JJ, Wheeler, McCleary, Vokes, Max, McCarthy etc

• Grimmer may end up the last holdover from the L1 promotion season, as it is already down to him, JJ, JMac and Wheels.

• I'm hearing Max is off to Crewe on an emergency loan

• According too......?

• I'm totally baffled by that, as I still think he's better than Fran.

Guess he's defo gone at the end of the season then

• The pressure is on to get a good L1 level goalie in now, seeing as we are letting one go.