Skip to content

Reading offer Bearwood training ground to Wycombe

1616263646567»

Comments

• That's the first time I've heard that one! As I have said before, no one knows what is, or is not, happening at Basketcase FC, otherwise known as Reading FC. The latest rumour, and that is all it is until proven correct, is the Chinese banks have seized all Dai's property so the club is now owned by The Bank of China. Another is that the Everton bloke (I Can't remember his name) is the latest victim to fall under Dai's spell. As he is supposed to be a friend of Dai's and also friend of - Kia Jsuperagent - who helped put both Everton and Reading in the position where they are now, it could be true, provided, of course the former rumour isn't. Oh, what I would give for a return to a steady hand with a sensible head at the tiller of my club again.

• @theRoyalBiscuit what sensible business person would buy Reading for 8 or even 9 figures when they can wait for administration and buy it for a quid. Reading gets relegated for sure. But then with the saving you made buying the club you do a Wrexham and buy yourself out of league 2.

The basket case you have now might be a dream compared to anyone willing to take it on as is.

• What a terrible position for you and your fellow Reading FC supporters. I hope it all works out for you all.

• Reading Football Club would like to provide an update on the sale of the Club.

Over recent weeks and months, Mr Dai and his representatives have been in exclusive dialogue with a potential purchaser. Despite lengthy and complex negotiations, the parties have been unable to find an agreement. This exclusivity period has now expired, and the Club will pursue alternative options.

The Club acknowledges and appreciates the financial support provided by the potential purchaser during recent months. All loans have now been paid back to the potential purchaser in full along with the accrued interest.

Whilst an agreement was not found on this occasion, Mr Dai remains committed to the sale of Reading Football Club and provisions are in place to fund the Club until a transaction is completed.

The Club would like to thank all stakeholders, especially its staff and supporters, for their continued patience and will communicate further updates once appropriate.

"the parties have been unable to find an agreement" read "Dai has finished with this victim and will move onto the next."

"funds are in place until a transaction is completed read "funds are in place until Mr Dai says he can't afford to fund the club or the next victim is spat out"

Mr Dai remains committed to the sale of the club" read "Mr Dai is not bothered about selling the club, and will not care if it is wound up"

As for "will communicate" don't make me laugh. In seven years at the club he has not said a word about it.

• In Alan's sordid dreams (that don't involve Tony Hayers of course)

• That would be a miraculous result. And probably a far better outcome for his personal finances than having been the owner of Basketcase (or maybe that should be Biscuit Tin) FC.

• If Rob Couhig doesn't turn to the Reading home game in full Wycombe merch shouting "yeah, I'm a Wanderer" to all passers-by then it's one of the all time missed opportunities

• Doubt if he will be visiting the UK much from now on. Be interesting to know which of the Wyc or the Ding he will be following, or perhaps he has washed his hands of "soccer"!

• https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-09-18/reading-football-club-rescue-deal-by-us-investors-collapses

• edited September 18

What a turnup that would be. I can just see him strutting his stuff, maniacally bellowing out that phrase through a megaphone.

• You stole my thunder. I was going to settle for biscuit case.

• She's created some weird persona on twitter where she tries to acts as a run of the mill reading fan, whilst obviously having a vested interest in Wing's career. Think she's just a wannabe Premier League WAG, but isn't high profile enough to be covered by the tabloids so does her work through social media

• Plus one of those piss stained bedsheets from the gates of Adams Park as a cape.

• Yazmine Delarosè sounds like the name of a WAG in a Poirot mystery.

• She has meetings. Please respect that. Meetings I tell you

• So instead of Rob walking in and shitting on the club and leaving.

He walked in, signed Chem Campbell and left the club.

• Agent Couhig.

• Level 9 windup by RC. Great work.

• Nail Bar / Highlights/ Fillers / Spray tan / eyebrows threaded / tattoo parlour…. It’s a v full meeting diary. As the wife of a professional and mother it’s important she finds some ‘me time’ in her crowded schedule.

Poor Lewis

• I think she would like you to think the meetings were with her brand manager, media strategist, acting agent, singing agent, literary agent and various manufacturing desperate for her endorsement.

• edited 9:11AM

Reading Football Club would like to provide an update on the sale of the Club.

Over recent weeks and months, Mr Dai and his representatives have been in exclusive dialogue with a potential purchaser. Despite lengthy and complex negotiations, the parties have been unable to find an agreement. This exclusivity period has now expired, and the Club will pursue alternative options.

The Club acknowledges and appreciates the financial support provided by the potential purchaser during recent months. All loans have now been paid back to the potential purchaser in full along with the accrued interest.

Whilst an agreement was not found on this occasion, Mr Dai remains committed to the sale of Reading Football Club and provisions are in place to fund the Club until a transaction is completed.

The Club would like to thank all stakeholders, especially its staff and supporters, for their continued patience and will communicate further updates once appropriate.

• He's probably on a no-fly list now after receiving £5m from a Chinese bank account.

• "Cheque's in the post" probably not going to be acceptable here

• I bet that cheque will bounce better than a basketball!

• You can just imagine the conversation with the customs officer:-

Customs guy - Mr Couhig, can you explain the $5M+ in your account from a Chinese bank?

Rob - Well I earned it in the UK by selling a soccer club called the Wyc for £12.3M and then loaning £5M to a club called the Ding and getting it back after a failed deal.

Customs guy - was your business in the vicinity of RAF High Wycombe Mr Couhig?

• Love that he charged them interest.