Skip to content

Man of Match - Wigan (A)

A little early, and if Kone comes on and score a hattrick you can just specify him by name, cheers!

Man of the Match
  1. MOTM?60 votes
    1. Ravizzoli
      35.00%
    2. Grimmer
        1.67%
    3. Lonwijk
      18.33%
    4. Tafazolli
      26.67%
    5. Leahy
        0.00%
    6. Potts
        0.00%
    7. Butcher
        1.67%
    8. Scowen
      15.00%
    9. Taylor
        0.00%
    10. Campbell
        0.00%
    11. Lubala
        0.00%
    12. Vokes (sub)
        1.67%
    13. McCarthy (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• I’ve gone with Tafazolli merely because he’s not put a foot wrong. Scowen probably deserved it but that final 20 mins was gruesome and Tafa managed his part in it very well. Back 3. Back 2. No drama for him. He’s in great form.

• Fran for me, but it would have been three or four others.

• Nige. We should make plans for him.

• Sorry. You meant could have…..

• Probably a defender or our keeper, but hard to choose between the starting 5 at the back.

• Many worthy candidates this week including Tafazolli, Scowen, Grimmer, Leahy but it comes down to a choice between Ravazolli & Lonwijk, I have plumped for the latter.

• A good, old fashioned, backs to the wall second half. We are obviously taking our defensive training to the next level.

• Tab for me, he was superb second half and won us the three points.

• edited March 12

Lonwijk for my choice, very good although I’d like to change my vote to Ravizolli!

• Tafa again, he’s in great form. Longwijk also a candidate tonight.

• edited March 12

Good to see Taf having a run of games, such a benefit to have him when he stays fit. Left sided centre halves help give such a good balance which is something I like to see.

• Ravizzoli for me.

Without those saves at the end we wouldn't have got a point let alone all three

• Ravizzoli and Longwijk saved us tonight. Rava played like a man wanting to hang onto his place...Nigel seemed to be everywhere. I gave it to Longwijk as I knew Ravizzoli would win it!

• Went with rav for the second game in a row..... hes made some decent saves.... but nothing I wouldn't have expected a keeper to make. I want the young keeper to to gain confidence and continue to fight max for no. 1

Taff and Longwijk Both up there with a shout though

• edited March 13

I don’t think anyone was outstanding tonight but huge credit must go to both CB’s and the ‘keeper for managing the second half, backs to the wall, display. Wasn’t convinced sticking with Ravizzoli was the right choice but a couple of critical saves at the end vindicated the decision.

Scowen also, obviously, decent as well. Him going off, plus the move to a back 5, contributed massively to the shift in momentum.

• I’m a little surprised Grimmer hasn’t got a single vote this evening, he’s in the form of his life. Testament to the performances of a few others though.