Skip to content

Thursday quiz

2»

Comments

• Bournemouth must be close to the worst. Feels like we played at Dean Court every year and only won once...

• Hartlepool are 4th on the list Righty, with an average of 1.92 points (P12 W 7 D 2 L3)

• well, who knows, the worst record might well come up in another quiz one day

• Rochdale?

• miles down the list with a measly average of 1.22 points per game (P18 W5 D6 L8)

• Chester City

• ** WINNER **

Chester City is the correct answer. We played the former league side 14 times, winning a whopping 10 times, and drawing a couple, losing only twice giving us a total of 32 points at an average of 2.29 points per match

• Having suffered the indignity of being confused with RITM of all people above, perhaps in compensation I should be allowed to set the next question.

Since joining the league, in the first 15 games in all competitions, WWFC won just once. In the last 11 we have won no less than nine times. connection please.

• always assumed you were the same person

• edited June 2015

Morecambe or are they under 10?

• well, we've already got our winner but ok....Morecambe are 3rd at an ave 2.08 points (P12 W7 D4 L1)

That 1 in the "L" column turned out to be quite significant as it goes eh?

• Ouch Mr Plant. I have had some abuse over the years but that may just be the most vicious! Can the quizmaster answer my quiz though?

• Something to do with Hartlepool I'm guessing. Games against teams based in the North East?

• are they all the games you've attended?

• Miles out I'm afraid, Chris

• @eric_plant you are very observant. Nice use of an assumption on DevC too. Top work

@DevC seeing as we've been outed I'm not sure a quiz about playing teams in the South West is new news. Seems like a repeat quiz to me

• Given that we are indeed one and the same person, its odd how many times I have to read a RITM post to try to work out wtf I am trying to say. I wonder if I have modelled this poster on Billy from Rattrap. Good old Righty doesnt even need to be drunk, it seems.

• What was the answer to this question? Was it games in the South West as RITM suggested?

• The answer for those interested (which I think is just you Chris) is WWFC record in competitive games played in Devon. After a barren spell for the first eighteen years or so of league membership with just one LDV win (+ another on penalties), the Chairboys have suddenly embarked on a run of winning nine of the last 11, including memorable end of season wins in the last two years. Been a good couple of years to be a Devon based supporter