Skip to content

Man of the Match - Cheltenham (H)

2»

Comments

• I can't promise it will count towards the season total, unless the voter has inside information on Blooms letting him pick the team, the tactics and the subs!

• 2nd MOTM in a row for Joe Low, and the only player in Scowen's orbit for season votes. For a CB to do that well in votes is astounding, and I think he is nailed on to set the season mark for any defender (I'll have to check).

• Joe Low

• I thought Sadlier was stand out Motm, and was absolutely dumbfounded when he was taken off. But what do I know, as it all worked out nicely in the end. Everyone worked very hard last night which was great to see. Also think Butcher and Low had great games. Both are turning into favourites for me.

• I’m sure Sadlier doesn’t get subbed every week because they think he’s playing badly. They do a massive amount of work analysing workload and performance levels. He plays in a position that benefits from fresh legs in any case, but I suspect they have some data that indicates he might struggle to maintain performance over 90 minutes, or playing 90 will impact his next game, or put him at higher risk of injury.

• The massive Joey Low. Amazing centre back.

• I assume Richie went off to support 'they will walk the league' Luton now they are in the Prem...surely @Blueword can find a team and a manager he wants to watch rather than shouting 'look at me!' on here.

• It was a cohesive team performance, they as a team dealt with the set back of a saved penalty and the reorganisation required by a quadruple substitution. The fact that the opposition had no shots on target suggests a defender and Joe Low did score at the other end, but the character, persistance and determination shown by the whole team made it Captain Jack Grimmer for me.

• Grimmer is a great captain isn't he, really leads by example.

• Some substitutions are made for tactical reasons rather than because a certain player isn’t doing well. Sadlier was excellent in the first half but switching GMac to the left and introducing the aerial power and more robust qualities of Wheels on the right helped to swing the game in our favour.