Skip to content

Farnham Town

BBC report that Farnham are on 21 straight wins from the start of the season, the same record milestone that AFC Wimbledon achieved 20 year ago, incidentally in the very same league. There is mention of Amersham having done an entire season of wins with one single loss in 61-62 though it is unknown where in the season that happened, I wonder if anyone on here remembers that season and whether Wycombe were competing in the Hellenic League at the time. Seems bizarre to me that there in an incomplete record of that season. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68252035

Comments

• We've never played in the Hellenic League. We were Isthmian stalwarts from 1921 'til the mid 80s when we got into the relatively new Alliance Premier League (now the National League).

• @LDF thanks for that

today’s match was called off because of a waterlogged pitch, so instead of today’s home tie against 15th placed Cobham they now travel to 19th placed Epsom and Elwell on Tuesday in search of a record 22 wins straight from the off.

• Farnham came away with a 0-2 win from their trip to Epsom last night, so they now hold the record for consecutive wins from the start of the season.

• Ed_Ed_
    edited March 12

Farnham’s winning streak was finally halted this evening when they were held to a no score draw away to second placed Knaphill. They put together a 25 game run.

• I think they can start looking up the table now.