Skip to content

Comments

• Sad to see him go, always gave his all (even when he wasn't getting his bonus on time), and his last few performances were phenomenal.

I think Thompson might be an upgrade though!

• @Chris said:
    Sad to see him go, always gave his all (even when he wasn't getting his bonus on time), and his last few performances were phenomenal.

I think Thompson might be an upgrade though!

I agree.

• Again sad to see him go,always competitive and was form player for the blues latter part of the season.Will remember him for the goal at Plymouth in front of the Blues Fans.Thank you for being part of our great team last season.

• Not too bothered, I can recall about 5 good performances from his time with us, and that bonus fluff last year contributed to nothing at all.

• I'm also not bothered about him going, 8 goals in 69 games and one of them was a lucky deflection at Southend last season.

• Not a natural goal scorer but regularly made an extremely valuable contribution. Garry Thompson will need to put in a serious shift every time he plays in order to cover the same amount of ground Craig did.

• Pity I thought his form in the last few games earned him another season. I don't see him being a free agent for long though players with experience guile and who graft are like gold dust at this level if I were a L2 /Conference manager I'd be calling his agent now.

• Not a huge loss if we are looking to push forward again season on season. A shift is ok but we need end product...at times we looked clueless on how to score when games were against us. Good luck to Craig though

• This is fickleness down to the core. He was shocking for us throughout the two years. A target man who can't win a header. Good for his last two matches, therefore considered a decent player. At best a distraction to opposition players. A poor mans Ben Strevens and I don't say that lightly.

• I've always liked him.

• If every player showed the same attitude and work rate as Mr Craig then a managers job becomes a fair bit easier. Never sulked and would run his socks off despite being offered very little to feed on for most of his stay here. Really started to excel in the deeper role, salute you the 'Warrior' some of us will remember you fondly.

• Very limited ability but more than made up of this in work rate and nuisance value to the opposition. Hopefully he will find a new club. Would be a good addition for an ambitious Conference team.

• My guess is that he will head back up over the border closer to home?

• Given that John Sutton is still banging them in regularly in the SPL, I imagine Craig won't have too much trouble getting a club back up there. Very best of luck to him.

• I thought Craig was a decent centre forward for us. Contributed in every game and was never a 20 goal a season striker. I wish him all the best with his next challenge and thank him for the last two years.