Great to have signed someone who’s thoroughly steeped in the club:

https://youtu.be/dKseOS2VAd4?si=Rq9UE3ujNjHi3Ks2

(3:20-3:30ish)

seems promising though

Comments

• 6’5” eh.

• Longwijk

• Indeed. Extremely long.

• It's going to be a tall order to keep us in the division. Let's hope he's up to it.

• I'm very confused by his similarity in name and appearance to ...

• Looks like a mashup of cricketers.

• I’m clearly very confused myself.

• This guy was on loan at Plymouth last season so I assume there's some kind of link we've developed there.

I vaguely recall Rob and/or Pete mentioning they knew the owner there.

• My Plymouth supporting friend says

He was ok but when he made errors they were costly!!

• Pathways manager Steve Davis said: “Nigel’s had a bit of bad luck with his injury in the first half of the season but he’s been fit for a long time now and has been training well.

“It’s a different challenge and he’s going to have to fight down there for Wycombe. They’re in a position where they’re looking down rather than up so it’s very different to Plymouth.

“Had he have been able to carry on after Plymouth with a successful first half campaign at Grasshopper, he would have been a lot further forward. He has to take a little step back to move forward again so that’s why he’s gone there and also to help them because he’s got that in him as well – he’s got that quality to fight and he’s not just developed his football quality while he’s been out at Plymouth. He’s got those qualities to battle, block, defend and put his body on the line.

“Hopefully we’ll see that, but also some of the stuff he did at Plymouth as well. I’m looking forward to seeing him play and I’m sure he’s looking forward to playing as well.”

• I remember him from that 1-0 home defeat to Plymouth when Horgan gave away all hope of having a career at Wycombe.

I remember him playing as a wing back which looked odd for someone of his slim/tall physique. He was good that game from what I remember.

• our very own wijkombe wanderer