Skip to content

G-Mac twitter

Wasn't at game today. Watched online instead. What is Garath referring to on twitter? "My comments today were understanding the frustration I started"

Comments

• Probably from Post match interview: https://x.com/wwfcofficial/status/1751320744485650432?s=46&t=pJ2E-p39qNsXT59eq4PJJQ

Far play to him that he’s even standing in front of a camera when it would be easier to hide.

Wantinf fans to be behind the team but also saying Fleetwood wanted it more isn’t a great look. But let’s put it down to (understandable) frustration

• I can see where he's coming from. Clearly very deflated and being booed off must be disheartening.

But I'd argue the alternative is complete silence, which is even worse. They can hardly be expecting cheers and encouragement after 45 minutes of abject, gutless football.

At least the abuse dished out at HT shows them someone actually gives a shit.

• The thing is we all know the atmosphere is terrible at the moment and the appears to be on and off the pitch. Bloomfield has said he wants to thin the squad to keep players happy. Ok, how do you keep players happy? You don’t drop them when you are playing well for someone who is inferior. Campbell has no right to start a game Sadlier does on form. You drop Sadlier it’s gonna piss him off. That spreads. The team just don’t look unified. GMac may talk a good game but it means nothing. Grimmer did a stirring call to arms that did nothing. They don’t believe their own words. I suspect they don’t respect the manager or the coaches. But we can do usual mantras and go again. Until the players genuinely start to fight as opposed to talking about a fight nothing will change. What worries me about this relegation battle is that I only see one or two fighters in the squad and a lot of hiders.

• After today's first half, I can only imagine that Killian Phillips was sent packing because he shows too much desire.

• Killian Phillips showed glimpses of being a real good player. Difficult to stop in full flight and good lungs as a box to box player but he never seemed to be trusted by the management team or played in a consistent manner.

In his last few performances from the bench he looked really down in the mouth and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he wanted away.