Skip to content

Killian Phillips gone?

Comments

• My trips to Wycombe are desperate enough already thanks. I don’t think they’ll be improved by meeting a stuck record like you.

So your real name is Blueword and you’re a blue cartoon?

• Ah reminds me of the glory days of the "sing up gasroom" squad sinisterly inviting anyone not liking their ranty behaviour to simply "go and have a word with them".

• A kid Pete spotted in US college soccer. Has a UK parent so can play here, unlike Pete’s son who doesn’t qualify.

• Does @Blueword only do ‘sensible chat’ in person? Here’s a thought - why not try it on here?

• Who knows? Playing for Aylesbury is an early blooding into the pro game for a youngster. Won’t be playing first team football anytime soon I would imagine.

• Bloomfield decided to end the Boyes loan as I understand it.

• Confirmed that he’s left and gone to Aberdeen.

• Really disappointed by this, KP showed heart whenever he was on the pitch. Perhaps goes further to show that shipping in 5 loanees in the Summer is maybe not the best approach.

• Not overly disappointed. Ran around like a headless chicken at times. Given how stats obsessed Bloomfield is: two goals, no assists.

• Two goals is pretty prolific for this year’s squad.

• It's not a great look for the club is it really, clubs pulling their players and sending elsewhere

• Or we decided to terminate the loan early. Either way, really disappointed by this one.

• edited January 28

I'd be interested to know how many season long loans get curtailed in January and players then go to another club for the second half of the season. I feel like it is more normalised nowadays. Mellor and Young have returned from season long loans.

A Manager is there to make decisions, and as far as I can see he's not scared of making tough choices.

Philips had great energy and you know there is a player in there somewhere but he just didn't deliver enough. He's not a box to box midfielder, he's not a 10, so am not sure where he could really play.

Breckin, Keogh, De Barr clearly were not good enough.

Boyes - I would have liked to have kept.

Taylor L - I understand why we signed him, as he was out of contract. I suspect if we had him early September rather than late October he may have ended up being useful. Equally understand why we have thanked him and he's left.

If by releasing all these players he can now get in a left back, centre mid and a Vokes back up then I think we will have a more balanced squad.

• My understanding is that all loans in the August transfer window are now for a full season, with a recall option in January, rather than having half-season loans as we had previously. So although they are all announced as ‘season long’ loans it may be that the parent club intended all along to trigger the recall and the loan club could have been aware that would be the case since August.

A player having a particularly positive loan might therefore be left to see out the season (eg Potts) whilst a player who would benefit from a different environment (or perhaps a better loan fee for the parent club) might be moved.

Ainsworth didn’t like using the loans market for various reasons but other clubs are quite used to these scenarios, it’s been the norm for some time now.

• Not sure we’re going to be lent the next Eze for a while.

I still feel KP would be more effective than Dale Taylor in the 10 so it’s a shame he’s the one who’s gone

• I hope not our ‘Swiss army knife’ is one of the few bright spots in the squad

• This baffles me. I know he didn’t set the world alight but why do we still have Dale Taylor? I’d much prefer KP especially as Taylor SHOULD be dropped for Kone.

• The Phillips departure is a strange one. Energy, passion, commitment he offered in spades, yes he lacked other qualities but he was young and here to learn.

Wearing his heart in his sleeve I wonder if something happened in the dressing room or at the training ground? Who knows but it wouldn’t surprise me if he let one or two others know that they needed to put a shift in? Which wouldn’t have gone down well from a sprog sharing such emotions with senior pros who, it seems, can’t even take such criticism from the terraces.

• Undoubted effort but never quite did enough, albeit in a struggling side.

Not really sure what sort of player he is still.

• Unfortunately, for him, he couldn't force his way into the starting 11 on a regular enough basis. His performances off the bench often lacked any clear impression of what he'd been asked to do. Maybe there wasn't always a plan?

He needs to be starting matches regularly to get his best performances and that wasn't going to happen with us.

All the best Killian, it was fun watching you play.

• My 2 cents continue to be how come a player who did so well last season for Shrewsbury doesn’t for us? We knew what to expect, we knew his strengths, he was proven and yet he didn’t fit the manager’s formation or game plan. We signed the wrong guy and buggered his development.

• Phillips was like Dannie Bulman without the qualities that made it worth having Dannie Bulman in the team.

• Now confirmed on the Club’s website.

Gone to Aberdeen on loan.

• Letting Bulman go is still the player departure I am most annoyed about in my time supporting Wycombe. He should have stayed and been a wycombe legend.