Skip to content

Wycombe seasons as movie posters

I have been thinking about which players instantly come to mind first as a kind of summary of each season, and wondered what movie poster image you all would have for certain seasons (recent or distant past) with the following rules:

1. No manager on the poster.
  2. No more than four players.
  3. One image has to be a primary, large image of head and shoulders, others have to be smaller, with preferably one being an 'action shot' from a match.
  4. Bonus points for a movie slogan that sums up the season.

Here are my efforts for recent seasons:

2017-18: Primary: Bayo Secondary: O'Nien Action shot: Bean in mid-run down the side of the Frank Adams after scoring against Carlisle.

2018-19: Primary: McCarthy Secondary: Bayo Action shot: Samuel wheeling away after scoring against Accrington.

2019-20: Primary: Jacobson Secondary: Bayo Action shot: Any scene from a game where Gape and Thompson are both hounding the same opposition ball carrier.

2020-21: Primary: Uche Secondary: Fred Action shot: Bloomfield diving in at the Derby goal line to poke the ball home.

2021-22: Primary: Vokes Secondary: McCleary Action shot: Any great Stockdale save from the season.

2022-23: Primary: Mehmeti Secondary: Mawson Action shot: Wing about to shoot the ball from around the Fratton Park halfway line.

2023-24: Primary: Leahy Secondary: Scowen Action shot: Potts catching the ball sweetly against Charlton.

Comments

• edited January 19

1999/00 - Steve Brown just as he's smashing in his magnus opus 35-yarder against Col U, Sean Devine's Ali G celebration at Millwall, Safety Officer Frank Knowles shepherding Oxford City fans out of the away end with smoke billowing from under the stand

• 2014-2015 (I only read the thread title)

• edited January 19

2000-2001 - Primary - Paul McCarthy overhead kick Secondary - Martin Taylor roar at Wimbledon Action Shot - either Essandoh's header / With the scarf at the end of the game OR Rammell jumping in the snow after his goal against Wolves

"The season of the underdog"

• Or Jason Cousins giving a prone Michael Owen a mouthful for diving.

• Have the feeling the abiding (primary) image of this season (for me) is Max dropping the ball at the forwards feet at Barnsley

”Carry on S@£%housing”