11.48%
    9. McCleary
        4.92%
    10. Taylor
        0.00%
    11. Vokes
      57.38%

Comments

• Went Vokes again, but also slightly sad that the Vokes we had when he first joined would have had a hat trick with the chances he got today.

• Where's the Kone option?

• Grimmer for me, that was an absolutely surging run and vital cross to break their defence.

• Vokes was superb. Easy choice.

He could/should have scored more but for 60 minutes he was also the only player that looked any sort of threat. After that the rest of the team joined in and we should have gone on to win.

• For us, Vokes. Overall, their keeper.

• Potts first half; Vokes second. But it was a very heartening keenly contested all-round performance, not least from skipper Jack (cue for a song there).

I can’t recall a game, certainly in the first half where there were so many headers and, pleasingly, we were winning the majority of them.

• edited January 6

I went for Wheeler because the maxim I live my life by is that everything is better when Wheeler is involved. The reason Vokes shined, and Taylor played well, is because they kept being fed intelligent balls from midfield. Partly that was Wheeler threading them through directly, partly it was because he was winning the ball, getting it to Potts who then distributed it to Sadlier and McCleary and on into the box. He's not a flashy player but has more footballing intelligence than anyone else I can think of. Even out of position he's a superb man to have on the pitch.

• Sadlier really came on to a game in the second half, as did many after a dreary first 45

• Well another game another hard choice, the whole team is playing do much better with the shift to 4-4-2.

Standouts for me today were in no particular order Vokes, Sadlier, Potts, Wheeler, Leahy & Grimmer.

Vokes looked like he has had a new lease of life, ran his socks off & deserved the goal.

Sadlier, especially in the second half, had the measure of his defender & put so many delicious balls into their box.

Wheeler & Potts bossed the midfield in the second half & both showed some great touches & a really good range of passing and were not too precious to do the hard graft covering back & shielding the back 4.

Leahy is creating a great understanding & partnership with Sadlier & is so self assured in defence

Grimmer was great, particularly when he had the chance to roam forward & his run & cross lead to the equaliser.

In the end I plumped for Grimmer for an all round captains performance

• Can you tell me the position in which Wheeler is "out of position"?

• I always think of him as a right winger - but I take your point entirely.

• Tough choice, which is always a good sign, but went for Grimmer in the end. Vokes was excellent, but missed too many chances.

• Interesting and slightly surprising to see Sadlier edging ahead of Potts but the Leahy/Sadlier combination on the left and Grimmer/McCleary combination on the right do seem to be flourishing. And I can’t recall a time in the past when we had long throw merchants on both sides of the pitch. Vokes and the central defenders should benefit from that but, from his (very ill-lit) “showreel”, I’m not sure Koné scores many goals with his head. In fact, I think he’s probably very much in the Uche mould. More likely to pounce on the knock-downs perhaps. But mainly breaking clear one on one.

Can’t wait for Tuesday evening, frost permitting. Not sure if the severity of the frost will make the undersoil heating necessary (or indeed whether the cost would be justified for that particular match).