Skip to content

Sunderland Away supporters bar.

Comments

• 'It's only a soccer game...what's the problem?'

• Can we do something similar for the free publicity?

Derby on April 6th. Rename the Legends Lounge 'The Sheep Pen' and have some real sheep in it. Paint a few slogans on the wall like 'Everybody hates us just because we cheated' and 'Lowest Premier League points 4EVA'.

One for the marketing boffins to work on.

• Brilliant! Don't forget the framed 'HMRC customer of the year award'.

• Brings back the memories of when they bedecked our ground in Wasps regalia.

Doesn't bear thinking about how that Booked stadium would have panned out. Could imagine a tiny little sign saying "also home of Wycombe Wanderers" stashed somewhere not very noticeable.

• edited January 5

Remember all those fans who said they could only afford either watching Wasps or Wycombe as their excuse for picking Wasps.

Or those fans who said they'd not come back until Hayes left?

I wonder how many of those did actually come back.

• edited January 5

No tears from me. I've said all that I wanted to say about the Wasps tenure of the ground, the Steve Hayes saga, and the aborted attempt to build a new stadium at Booker in other posts.

I'm now fully committed to WWFC as a season ticket subscriber and Trust member, and will wear my Hummel shirt to every Saturday home game come rain or shine, win lose or draw - hopefully the former.

I've even got Mrs Bargepole to repurpose my Kukri winter padded coat, obliterating the Wasps badge and embroidering a WWFC badge in its place.

• Embroidery! @bargepole.

Now there's a dying art.

• It's a stitch up

• This tie has been so embarrassing for Sunderland - not just because of the bar, but the number and location of the Newcastle ticket allocation - and with Newcastle also hot favourites, this whole episode is pointing to one thing...

A Sunderland win.