Skip to content

Jon Carpenter RIP

For anyone who new or remembers my best friend and brother Jon Carpenter from Stokenchurch, who sadly passed away two days before Christmas aged 67.

We both started watching Wycombe in the early seventies, the season before the big cup game against Middlesborough, i was still at school and he had just started work. At Loakes Park We used to pay the extra 10p to sit in the enclosure on the wooden ledge in front of the stand.

Tuesday night games always ended in a mad rush down between the gasworks to get the last bus home from the station, which was due to leave about the same time as the final whistle went. I cant remember there being too much injury time in those days luckily. At Adams Park we stood on the terrace, either end (or side) as it was in those early years. Wycombe gave us both so many happy memories meeting the regulars and travelling all over the country, the most enjoyable had to be the Martin O'Neill years. The last couple of seasons Jon was unable to be there in person but we still watched every minute of every game from our weekend residence in Vipienne! Sleep tight Jon, im going to miss you loads. 

Comments