Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Derby

14567810»

Comments

• I've watched it again and again, and apart from reinventing the laws of physics, I don't think Max could have done anything else.

• Yes, it was lashed into the corridor of uncertainty, and it would have been extremely difficult for Max to catch or somehow divert behind at the angle it was coming in at.

All's well that ends well - we had about 13 minutes of Derby fans thinking they had the league won before their balloon popped.

• It might be that time if the year but we are in agreement. What on earth is happening?!

• I don't think Max could have "caught" that cross, as he's not superman.

But I do think he could have done better than divert it to a man 6 yards out for a tap in. Maybe it's more on the bad luck side of things.

It's the nature of the position though, you can't get away with stuff as much as elsewhere.

• Really not sure of what else Max could have done with that. If he had pushed it out wider then it could quite possibly have gone in off KVY's legs, alternatively the attacker who was lurking behind KVY. Let's not forget Max pulled off one or two very decent saves before this to keep us in the game for longer. 🤷‍♂️

• Freddie Potts "very, very close" per Blooms.