Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Reading (h) Saturday November 25th (Game 17)

2»

Comments

• 6989 with 1848 bringing the biscuits

• 7,111 with 1,825 away.

• 7200 with 1800 looking to see where Altrincham is on the map.

• 6982 with 1888 Royals

• 7253 with 1891 Royals

• 7,092 with 1817 (official) most welcome fans from across the border.

• 7117 with 1771

• 7111 with 1811

• 35 Prediction in with 20 mins to go.

Average for Total Crowd: 7306

Average for Away Crowd: 1781

Regrets for @Alexo for missing the usual Saturday 2pm deadline - those predictions count for the tables for the match concerned, but not for the season long competition.

• Been given as 7,073 with 1,849 Reading.

• Thanks @robin.

The tables for the match are done - just now writing the summaries.

• edited November 2023

Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 7073]

Very possibily our least successful game of the season so far on the pitch. However very possibily the best game so far for us predicting how many people would be in the large crowd to watch it.

Many congratulations to @Manboobs whose prediction of 7081 was out by just 8.

Congratulations to @our_frank and @NewburyWanderer who were within 25.

Congratulations to also to @Alexo and @robin who tied for 4th place with predictions of 7111. The 2pm deadline rule does mean @Alexo's prediction cannot feature in their current top ten.

Congratulations to @bookertease who was within 50 with a prediction of 7117.

The roll of honour continues there were a cluster of predictions around 7000 and a total of thirteen forecasts were within a hundred of 7073. Congatulations are due to @PJS, @thecatwwfc, @Wendoverman, @Forest_Blue, @perfidious_albion, @a40 (the only forecaster in this final list to have an overestimate) and @BSE whose prediction of 6982 was out by 91.

Our average prediction for the total crowd was 7306, which would not have featured in the top twenty. The leading two in the overall competition are outside this particular table this week and there are lots of close predictions so the changes this week in the overall table will be interesting.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd: [Actual 1849]

I have not made a table like this one before - @Will_i_ams, @Onlooker, @ryan_w_kirkby2, @micra and @perfidious_albion all equal best predictions, all missing by a single person. Many congratulations to all of you. Congratulations to @Will_i_ams who was four away.

I suppose one bright spot in the day is that a lot of them will be back next time we meet for a league game whatever the relative positions of the two clubs in whatever league table.

This table was extended down to postion 23, as everyone above there was within fifty - on this occasion that is too many to mention individually.

Top Twenty for the Home Crowd: [Calculated as 5224]

Many congratulations to @Forest_Blue with 5215 - out by just nine.

The list of those within a hundred is long on this metric too!

Congratulations to @thecatwwfc, @NewburyWanderer, @PJS, @LDF, @Manboobs, @our_frank, @robin, @Alexo, @DJWYC14 and @perfidious_albion.

Happy predicting to all for the Barnsley game.

• Not going to say much about my home effort, definitely my worst of the season so far. But the away guess makes up for it a little.

• This isn’t sour grapes as my over zealous prediction was way out - or an attempt to be the ‘attendance police - but 5224 home fans…

A bit disappointing for a very winnable game on paper (arf arf) against a ‘big’ local team. Especially given that we haven’t played them in the league in front of fans for a while. I appreciate it’s a debate that’s been done to death recently.