Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Stevenage (h) Saturday November 11 (Game 16)

2»

Comments

• 5,152 with 403 away

• 4767 with 395 from Herts please

• 5000 with 550 away

• 4900 with 600 from Stevenage

• 487 most welcome fans from Hertfordshire in a total crowd of 4,548. Thanks @railwaysteve.

• 4987 with 432 Stevenage

• 4200 with 350 away.

• Been given as 4,936 with 596 away.

• So we can remove the 596 as not really qualifying as sentient beings, then.

• I felt the same disgust. I will shortly mark them as collectively not fit to follow a football club.

• Top Twenty for the Total Crowd:

[Actual 4936] - [33 Predictions - our average 4682]

Many congratulations to @wwfcblue whose round number prediction of 4900 was out by just the 36. Please take the title of Forecaster of the Fortnight.

Congratulations to @Commoner whose prediction of 4987 was out by 51, another tidy prediction.

Congratulations to the round number brigade who went for 5000 and came 3rd equal, namely @Will_i_ams, @Onlooker and @mwite. Also congratualtions to @peterparrotface and myself who missed the round number but also ended up with pension age scores.

Finally congratulations to @Forest_Blue who completes the octet who were within one hundred of the actual attendance.

Our average score would have come 17th, but I think almost everyone in this chart registers a score which will count in season long competition and there will be some outside of this chart that do so too.

• Top Twenty for those in the WiffAway End [596]

(They did rather disgrace themselves: poor manager and poor ref is not an excuse.)

Many congratulations again to @wwfcblue - it really doesn't happen often that someone tops the first two charts. I had to check to make sure that it wasn't the same name at the top of all three. Good thinking to be out by just 4.

Congratulations to @peterparrotface and @Will_i_ams who were both within fifty.

The total crowd chart is in a previous post.

Top Twenty for the Home Crowd: [Actual 4340]

We were collectively closer with this than we were with the total crowd.

Congratulations to @SmiroludyBlue who was nearest with 4309, out by 31, very closely followed by @MFH_Blue and @PJS who with 4372 were out by 32.

For @wwfcblue the underestimate of the total crowd by 36 and the overestimate of those from Stevenage by 4, gave a miss by 40 for the home crowd. Congratulations again due there and to @bookertease who missed by the same amount.

Mentions for @NewburyWanderer, @peterparrotface and @Alexo who were all within 100 of the number for our fans.

Glad that game is over. I will be making a special effort to go to the game there in February to support our lads - I realise it is easier for me than most.

I should manage the update to the 'Tour de Season' today.