Skip to content

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw Numbers

Comments

• I'd be happy with Chester or York away.

• It’s time we won a game at Edgeley Park

• Is anyone the same as me ? I don't actually like knowing the numbers !

• I quite like the frisson of excitement when, in this case, ball no. 21 comes out of the bowl.

What we want to hear is ''No. 21 Wycombe Wanderers, will play no. 40 Ramsgate''.

What we don't want is ''No. 11 Oxford United, will play no. 21 Wycombe Wanderers''.

• Home to Maidstone United would be nostalgic for me. Would love to have been at Chesham yesterday.

• Slough to win today, then get Slough at home, just for old times sake ! Plus I reckon it would be on TV, so more money.

• I went to Chesham yesterday @micra. The most impressive aspect of the game was that it was a 3,000 sell-out, 2,984 officially. The town really turned out for their club, and Alex Horne, as a club director, does seem to be a really positive influence there. I thought it odd that there was no segregation but there was no trouble and fans peacefully changed ends at half time. It was funny that the announcer kept emphasising that, because it was the FA Cup, alcohol could not be consumed outside of the bar, yet there was a special beer hut open on the terrace behind the goal!

As for the game, Chesham lost it it in the first half when they had five really good chances to score, two hitting the post. Maidstone took their goal really well and were just doing enough, no more. After the break Maidstone killed the game, Chesham went off the boil and barely threatened, they just seemed to keep passing to their opponents. Bruno Andrade did not impress much on the right wing, nor did Ricardo German up front, although he did not have much service. I would be happy to draw Maidstone in the next round.

• Says the draws on itvX on the link above. Is that just online?

I'm hoping it comes on after the Portsmouth match?

• Just seen its on itv1

• And we won't have to play Portsmouth.

• Unexciting

• Home against Morecambe

• Morecambe H, that'll do

• Home to Morecambe, home game, winnable, what most people wanted, keep the exciting times for later on hopefully :)

• I hate games against Morecambe

• Still tricky with how well grumpy Derek has them playing, but very winnable.

• edited November 2023

Just realized this means playing Adams' current and previous club in the first two rounds. Does this mean Plymouth in the third round?

• They did win away to L1 oppo in the first round, but Lincoln aren't firmly inside Derek's head like we are.

• Good draw, but still very tough. Morecambe going well and it's often a struggle against them.

• Glad we got a home draw, but that won't be easy

• Got to take that. Won't make the home game but will do if its a replay.

Be nice to be In the 3rd round draw.

• edited November 2023

If Slough win they will be away to Oxford. If it happens would it be the first time ever that Wanderers fans would be cheering on Slough Town?

• Not the most exciting of ties. Do wonder if club should announce that anyone attending this game has priority ticket rights (after ST holders) for next and future rounds.

• Great draw, we should have enough to handle them.

• Could have been a lot worse. I expect us to field the best team we can to win this.

• Not a draw I'd have chosen personally, Morecambe have made things difficult for us enough times in the past, they beat Lincoln away yesterday, and Adams will be back at Adams Park.

One thing I would hope for is that we keep every part of the ground open, so it feels like a proper occasion and not like a pre-season game (or the Sutton game in the League Cup). You never know, we might not end up losing money by opening the Frank Adams for once.

• Your odds are improving Mr Bond

• Home draw against lower league

Gots to take that.

• Grimsby scored a 75' equaliser, to take it to a replay, but a ground record attendance of 2205 was set at Arbour Park.