Skip to content

Man of the Match - Oxford (A)

Putting up early owing to other commitments.

MOTM
  1. MOTM - Oxford (A)48 votes
    1. Stryjek
        0.00%
    2. Pattenden
        2.08%
    3. Low
        2.08%
    4. Keogh
        0.00%
    5. Leahy
      37.50%
    6. Boyes
        0.00%
    7. Potts
        6.25%
    8. McCleary
        0.00%
    9. Phillips
      39.58%
    10. Taylor
        0.00%
    11. Hanlan
      12.50%
    12. Sub (specify which one in comments)
        0.00%

Comments

• Thanks @Shev.

Hope you have an enjoyable family visit and that a Wycombe victory doesn’t make you “stay away” from future matches!

• Can I vote for the ref

• I take it back

• I gave it to Leahy (not just for the pens) but I liked the look of Phillips, and Hanlan did well too.

• edited October 2023

Hanlan is improving match by match. Phillips is, well, Phillips. Totally committed (some would say he should be), tall and strong and very quick feet in tight situations.

There were a lot of heroes out there but my vote goes to Leahy again. What a coup, persuading him to come to Wycombe.

• I suspect most will go to Leahy for the 2 goals.

Taylor never gave up and worked tirelessly up top, Brandon showed flashes of what he can do but he is too inconsistent, GMac was ok but we bypassed him too often for him to really influence the game. Potts had a poor first half but improved markedly seconf half,

Of the defenders it was the worst game I have seen from Low, Keogh wasnt much better but at least he cut out the silly mistakes of the Bolton game, Leahy was solid, Pattenden is still learning to be a RWB though shows improvements each game & Boyes was pretty good especially going forward. Max was much more confident than he has been the last 2 games & was pretty solid all game.

I felt for Vokes as by the time he came on we were sort of playing hoofball so the service to him was inconsistent & when we played the right ball to him he had no support. Same with deBarr.

having said all that I thought the passion, drive & commitment shown by Killian Phillips really made him stand out today, so he gets my vote.

• A very good shout @Erroll_Sims.

• Two former Shrews neck and neck.

• re. the comment about Low having his worst game, I think generally he’s been an excellent signing - but he does come out with some terrible directionless hoofs at times.

I’m not talking about “if in doubt, boot it out” clearances, but what are supposed to be attacking long passes under little pressure.

Anyway, he’s still young and obviously has a bright future, but that’s one aspect of his game that definitely needs work.

Bit rich coming from one (i.e. me) who has no redeeming aspects to their game, perhaps, but then (understandably) I don’t get paid to play football.

• Leahy....not because he scored the headline goals...he is a champion all over the pitch

• Negative...thought Pattenden was lazy or incompetent for the near miss in the first half when they should have scored a header

• Thought Taylor was 'a bit keen' at points and gave the ball away too easily. Thought he could have done better with more composure in the 3rd minute. But let's put it down to youth.

• Hanlan mentally switches off too often. That’s why he is inconsistent.