Skip to content

No game so is anyone going to an alternative game?

I’m in Braintree watching Chesham United in FACup Q R3. Would be good if Chesham could win and draw us at Adams Park.👍

Comments

• Would rather play them at Chesham. Would likely be a non-event at Adams Park, half the ground closed.

• I'm hoping for Torquay away

• Just realised that Bruno Andrade is appearing for Chesham today. Should I have put this in the ex players thread?

• What was the result @EwanHoosaami ?

• Goal less mate. All in all a reasonable day out. Chesham appeared to prefer the hoof ball aspect. Braintree were certainly the better side. They had a lad in the middle, (Ben Watts) on loan from Norwich whom I thought was very tidy, but tactical changes by Chesham meant he faded in the 2nd half. Braintree also had to loan in a keeper for the game as the 1st choice was injured, 2nd choice was cup tied . Keeper arrived again from Norwich at 14.15! Braintree were much sharper all round the pitch, quicker in the tackle & appeared to be younger. Braintree have had to almost completely rebuilt their squad with departures stated as the principal reason. Bruno Andrade was pretty anonymous for Chesham and generally disappointing.

Burgers were on a par with Lindy Lou’s maybe just a bit bigger and they served chips and cheesy chips.

• Went to watch Maghull fc v Capenhurst Villa in the West Cheshire Division 1 league.

2-0 win for Maghull who are now 7 points clear at the top of the league. The team in 2nd have 3 games in hand. However the team in 4th are 11 points behind but have 6 games in hand having won all 8 games they've played this season.

Decent little game and a good turnout.

• Haringey Boro 0-3 Potters Bar

The Boro started the day bottom of the table, hoping to leapfrog their opposition and fellow relegation strugglers.

However, they found themselves 1-0 down within the first minute and not much else went right from there. Looked very lightweight man for man and got bullied all afternoon.

• Hemel Hempstead 0 Woking 0. A close game with a good performance by the home side against their National League opponents. Hemel deserved a draw & a replay at Kingfield on Tuesday. Strange they are playing on Tuesday rather than Wednesday as they are competing with England v Italy live on terrestrial TV in the Euros. I’m sure they have a logical explanation - but then maybe not.