Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Fleetwood

Comments

• Hats off to all who have travelled today. Hope you have a pleasant day out by the sea and bring home the points. I shall enjoy from Vipienne.

As for the badge, not one I like.

• It's lovely weather in Vipienne today. I can sit here, in the garden, with a few beers straight from the fridge and watch the match.

Hats off to those who travel, safe journey and hopefully returning with a 3 point haul.

• Weather a fair bit better than yesterday Oop here, less blowy although it'll still probably piss it down later.

• edited October 2023

So what do we reckon today ?

I'd like to see Taylor or Sadlier in for Hanlan.

Also like to see Leahy back in midfield, but if that happens I suppose that could be at the expense of say Hanlan ? With just Vokes and Gmac up front

• Low has to start which is very harsh on the other 3 central defenders. So either a rest for Keogh or move Leahey further up. On the attacking front we need to mix it up a little somehow. Hanlan or Vokes might need a 'rest'.

• Not sure starting 2 defensive midfielders and a back 5 is the way to go today but we'll see soon enough

• Bit baffled by the need to have both Keogh and Tafazolli as subs. Surely unnecessary. Surely Breckin can be trusted with a place on the bench?

• edited October 2023

Vokes, McCleary and Keogh all on the bench.

Hanlan, Taylor and Phillips up front

Here's hope Brandon has his one good game in 5 today

• Hope Joe is fully recovered from his illness - yes, I know he’s been on the bench at least once - but if he had Covid anything like as severely as our daughter did, it will take some time. (I don’t know what he had of course.)

• Interesting choice up front - guess Vokes needed a rest, also gives us lots of speed out wide.

Feel for Breckin, not even getting on the bench, but I dont see him week in week out in training...

• Let’s hope Phillips is a little less manic on this occasion.

• Does anyone know if JJ is still injured, or just not making the 18?

Would be a real shame if his (expected) last season is ruined by injury

• Shall we have a sweep on how long it’ll take for Phillips to get sent off? I’m going for 48 minutes.

• I’ll go35.

• Wonder how many times he was sent off at Shrewsbury last season.

• Must admit it feels ‘brave’ playing him with a card happy ref. Can I have 22 minutes in the sweepstake please

• I'll go for 27 minutes probably for 2 yellows.

• Phillips is doing that pointing thing already - where he points at a man but doesnt pick anyone up as though he is exempted from defending

• Not a great corner from Leahy, far too deep & then we switched off in midfield and at the back almost gifting them a goal

• I’m liking Phillips so far today.

• Get in Taylor

• Liking Taylor too.

• Bloody buffering ! I missed it

Get in though !

• Fleetwood are very poor. Good start from us

• He really feathered that header in perfectly!

• Phillips yellow on 42, second on 76

• Get in Potts - lovely passing footie from the boys there

• That was an absolutely fucking brilliant goal.