Skip to content

Local derby for anyone not going to Fleetwood

On Saturday the Blues travel to Highbury to take on Fleetwood. For anyone not going there’s a big Wycombe derby in the Combined Counties League Premier Division North that might be worth having a look at. Here are a few local games if you fancy some live football action (all 3pm kick-offs):

COMBINED COUNTIES PREMIER DIVISION NORTH:

Risborough Rangers v Flackwell Heath

FA TROPHY 3RD QUAL ROUND:

Beaconsfield T v Ashford Utd

Chesham United v Enfield Town

ISTHMIAN LEAGUE SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION:

Marlow v Raynes Park Vale

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Slough Town v Weymouth

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Maidenhead United v Rochdale

Oxford City v AFC Fylde

Have a nice weekend wherever you go!

Comments

• Expecting a glorious weekend down here so my cunning plan is park up in Exeter, cycle down the West side of the Exe to Dawlish, ferry across to Exmouth, bit of lunch by the beach, then local derby Southern League Exmouth - Tavistock before cycling up the east Exe stopping off for a pint in either Topsham’s Bridge or at the Double Locks. Should be around 30 miles and hopefully a competitive game.

• Does the Topsham to Exminster ferry still run do you know @DevC?

When I lived down there many years ago, on a few occasions I had the best commute in the world when I was lates at Topsham - 3 minute cycle downhill, ferry across the estuary (if the tide was right) and 3 minutes cycle the other end. Perfect. (Pity about the reverse commute back into Exeter and over the bridge then uphill home)

• I’ll try to remember to check tomorrow @bookertease

• Confirm @bookertease the ferry still runs

• Thanks @DevC - lovely way to get across on a dry day. And enjoy the pubs of Topsham!

• That sounds delightful. Exmouth is just one of the most wonderful of places. I watched a drab game there v Wellington on the day the Blues were in a ten goal thriller against Cheltenham. Just my luck. On top of that, we bought a batch of five tickets for the half time draw. We were delighted when we thought our numbers had brought us success as the announcer called out 93. On closer inspection we had 90, 91, 92 and 94, 95. It was "won" by a committee member who was going to forfeit his prize money and reinvest it. What a con!! Nevertheless, a great venue and the best seaside town.

• Results for the games listed before:

Risborough Rangers 1 Flackwell Heath 2

Maidenhead Utd 2 Rochdale 2

Oxford City 3 AFC Fylde 0

Slough Town 0 Weymouth 0

Beaconsfield T 3 Ashford Utd 0

Chesham Utd 4 Enfield Town 3

Marlow 2 Raynes Park Vale 1

• A decent crowd of 224 at Risborough Rangers.