0.00%
    14. McCleary (sub)
        1.30%
    15. Hanlan (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Easy decision. And he’s one of ours.

• edited August 2023

I went Low, but honorable mentions to Leahy, Taylor and Boyes - and KVY came on strong in the second half too.

• Thought Leahy was outstanding, Low will win for the goals.

• Between Low & Taylor, but with the extra goal I'll go Low

• I thought even despite the goals Low was superb, solid and unflappable. Easy MoM. But a special mention to Leahy, he didn't stop running the whole match

• Low was superb and gets my vote.

Scowen is getting back to his best & am not sure I have seen Vokes cover as much ground as tonight, a real shift.

Leahy looks a quality signing and his range of passing will only get better as that understanding with his team mates builds.

Taylor looks a total handful & really pleased he got a goal, that will fire him up to get more.

The two WBs look decent going forward & Boyes especially is a decent crosser of the ball, though they both need to work harder at the defensive side of their game.

Phillips showed glimpses in his first run out for us & a shame he had to be subbed but I think he will prove another handful for opponents to deal with, his replacement Potts needs to assert himself a bit more but showed the odd decent touch & pass.

• Same. Low deserved it just for carrying Taf for the first half. The brace was just a bonus.

• Low motm comfortably with an outstanding performance. Some great individual quality on show from Stryjek, Leahy, Boyes, Vokes and Taylor. And the others weren’t bad either!

• Low is the easy MOTM vote as was immense but strong praise for Leahy who ran his socks off. He's still bedding in but you can see the leadership qualities that he has already and will be an excellent signing. KVY is also going to be a very good player for us and you can just see things stating to gel a bit more. The result was the result. Good game, they played well and deserved to make the last 20 mins tricky for us but a good night all around.

Special mention to Vokes as he did the dirty work today and you really noticed when he went off the intensity of pressing dropped off a little bit.

• I didn’t vote as I only saw 15 minutes of the game, but I can’t see Low not getting this.

The first was a finish that a forward would be proud of, let alone a centre back.

• Leahy, Low and Boyes stood out tonight. I went for the former.

• I went for Low but having watched the highlights a shout-out for Max. Some really good saves...shame about the timewasting yellow.

• I know Wikipedia is not always accurate (to put it kindly), but the sidebar for Joe Low makes nice reading (it only includes league games).

Better strike rate than Haaland!

• I think Leahy is going to be the player to finally give Scowen a season-long run for his money in these MOTM stats.

• Having just watched the pitchside view highlights...I still think Phillips did well and will be another threat once he beds in.

• He was excellent out of possession and his movement off the ball in possession was excellent. Think he’s going to be one of our top signings

• Low's dominance of this high vote match with 59 votes would already have placed him 15th out of 29 players for the TOTAL of last season, ahead of the likes of Gape, Tafazolli and Obita, and just behind McCarthy (63 votes in 27 matches), Hanlan (64 votes in 23 matches) and not too far behind Jacobson (74 votes in 33 matches) and McCleary (80 votes in 33 matches).

Some going!