Skip to content

New Season Predictions

edited July 2023 in Football

With the new season just around the corner and with the squad almost finished being formed, I think it would be interesting if we could make some predictions based on what we have seen and/or heard.

The predictions that I'd like you to make are:

🌟 Wycombe's Player of the season

🏅 Wycombe's Young player of the season

⚽️ Top Scorer

🔝 Team finishing Top (if not Wycombe)

💰️ Who will be sold and for how much (if figure released)

Comments

• edited July 2023

I'll start by saying I think the following:

🌟 Scowen

🏅 Breckin

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Bolton

💰️ Forino for £50k in Jan (after he states he won't be renewing his contract), JJ & McCleary will retire at the end of the season

• McCleary

Potts

Vokes

Bolton (or Barnsley)

Forino (undisclosed)

• Keogh

Potts

Taylor

Blackpool

Forino - 350k

• Stryjek

Potts

Taylor

Bolton

No one

• I was close to putting Potts but I expect him to be recalled in Jan by West Ham after putting in great performances for us and West Ham struggling again in the league

• Seems almost crazy to be predicting before a ball has been kicked and the call for a Plan B has yet to ring out but -

Scowen (because it just will be)

Boyes (because I thought he looked very good on Saturday)

Taylor

Derby (which makes me feel ill)

No-one.

• Scowen

Potts ( he will stay all season)

Taylor

Barnsley

Forino £300K - in January.

• I'd be amazed if we managed to get a fee of any significance for Forino in January. If we're going to sell him, it's got to be this window.

• I guess it depends on how many teams are in for him? Create a bidding war but it won't be anywhere near the Mehmeti figure.

• Stryjek (Forino if he unlikely stayed for the season)

Potts

Breckin

Pompey

Forino £500k

• No sensible club would go for him with 6 months left on his contract - but there are plenty of stupid clubs around...

• Breckin as top scorer is an interesting one. He describes himself as an attacking midfielder - a ‘running 8’ apparently - and, for Manchester City’s youth team, he scored 8 goals in 24 matches. Sounds like he could be a replacement for Lewis Wing in that respect although I’d previously seen Luke Leahy as the most likely candidate for that role.

• 🌟 Wycombe's Player of the season - Taylor

🏅 Wycombe's Young player of the season - Potts

⚽️ Top Scorer - Taylor

🔝 Team finishing Top (if not Wycombe) - Derby

💰️ Who will be sold and for how much (if figure released) - Forino, 350k this summer

• 🌟 Leahy

🏅 Potts

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Derby

💰️ Forino

• 🌟 Scowen

🏅 Taylor

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Bolton

💰️ Forino £350k in summer

• edited July 2023

Styjek

Potts

Taylor

Derby

Forino

• 🌟 Scowen

🏅 Boyes

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Bolton

💰️ Forino - cut price in January

• 🌟 Max Stryjek

🏅 Christie Ward

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Derby

💰️ Forino £400k

• Scowen

Potts

Vokes

Barnsley

Nobody

• 🌟 Grimmer (maybe Forino if he stays)

🏅 Potts

⚽️ Taylor

🔝 Barnsley

💰️ Forino - maybe & certainly less than we think but undisclosed if he does

• Wish I had the patience to find and line up the emojis but, anyway, here goes:

Potts

Young

Taylor

Charlton

Dunnow

• For reason I picked Charlton (heart over head), please see New Season Predictions thread.

• 🌟 Wycombe's Player of the season - Potts

🏅 Wycombe's Young player of the season - Potts

⚽️ Top Scorer - Taylor

🔝 Team finishing Top (if not Wycombe) - Bolton

💰️ Who will be sold and for how much (if figure released) - no-one

• Is there some magical way of picking out and posting emojis that, with one exception ⚽️, I’ve never seen before?

• 🌟 Wycombe's Player of the season - Taylor

🏅 Wycombe's Young player of the season - Taylor

⚽️ Top Scorer - Taylor

🔝 Team finishing Top (if not Wycombe) - Bolton

💰️ Who will be sold and for how much (if figure released) - no one (although I fear we may not get a new contract for Forino sorted in January and we'll lose him on a free next summer)

• Wasn’t there a time when a coveted player would sign a new contract in the interests of the club but on the understanding that the club would not stand in their way unless the suitors’ bids were unrealistic/derisory?

• We can always make that a rule for you @micra! Would you like an emoji with a secret meaning or just different ones each time?

• How about expanding the Gasroom's reaction capabilities beyond simple thumbs?

• edited August 2023

But those times are now in the past as the players realised that if they sign that contract, their value increases and can then price themselves (wage or transfer fee) out of a move. If they move on a free, its a win win for the new club and player. If they sign the contract, the holding club has all the power and can call the shots

• edited August 2023