Skip to content

Comments

• So pleased with this one. We needed a forward. Finally!

• Healy described him as a chunk of a lad, puts himself about and likes to mix it up.

Cover for Vokes, another option who scored 1 in 4 at lowly Burton. U21 too.

Nice work from Matt and Scott.

• Oops, pressed send too soon… he was being chased by lots of clubs at our level and from seeing videos of his goals he’s also two footed and can play out wide as well. Excellent signing!

• Another positive one, young international with experience at this level, hopefully can play well with or without Vokes. MB and staff clearly have been working hard , he wouldn't know how to do it any other way. Patience paying off.

• A signing on a Sunday ! Incredible scenes ! Looking good again this one, well done all. Forest fans raving about him on Twitter as well.

• Looks a really good signing. One or two more like this , could definitely push as into the top six race. New recruitment guy certainly coming up trumps.

• Everything feels incredibly well planned & thought out. Feeling really positive about the true beginning of MB’s reign.

• Looks a very solid addition, although I can't help but wonder how long Vokes will be out for.

Add another couple of midfield scrappers and possibly a versatile CB and I think we're good to go!

• Really good signing .

• MB says he’s been chasing this lad for a long time so his signing has nothing to do with Voke’s current fitness levels and he’s a different type of striker anyway.

• Absolutely, 8 signings will hopefully satisfy those who were complaining about transfer inactivity even before the players had reported back for training-mainly on Facebook I hasten to add.

• edited July 2023

Stryjek

KVY /Pattenden / JMac

Boyes

Keogh

Taff

Grimmer/Forino/Lowe/JJ

Scowen /Tetek/Young

Leahy

Breckin

GMac

Taylor

With D'Mani, TJ in reserve and Vokesey to come back in

Wouldn't be the worst way to start the season if we don't do any more business (guessing we will) and can have a little luck with injuries. Scowen would be a big miss as he always is , hopefully Leahy and Breckin can help out defensively where needed, think KVY can do that too, looking forward to see them play.

• We haven’t signed so many players pre-season since the season Alfie signed for us.

Great work by Matt and his team and looking forward to an exciting season ahead.

• And who doubted that MB and the team follow the gasroom? A striker, announced on a Sunday no less.

Most certainly so, most certainly so ...

• I much prefer a slightly under the radar singing than a ‘name’

• Fair point, forgot Wheels too, and there's one or two more of the Dev guys.

• Really positive comments on the Forest Twitter feed. A few surprised he hasn’t gone to Championship with others confident he will score 20+ goals this season.

• Always reluctant to believe those sorts of posts from fans of PL teams. Wolves fans were raving about Chem Campbell as if he was a Championship player and League 1 was beneath him. In reality he wasn’t particularly standout at our level in my opinion.

• Well I suppose it’s better that there are positive comments as opposed to people saying they are glad he is gone.

He looks a very exciting prospect and he is somewhat proven at this level.

I think this is a real good signing.

• Believe it or not and incredible as some will find it, I am even less concerned now about Sam Vokes’ absence.

From the picture of Dale Taylor standing next to Matt B, it is abundantly clear that he is not an aerial target man. He’s a real player.

From another picture, on Twitter I think, he looks a solid unit and I had the impression that he was in his mid twenties if not a little older. Amazed to find that he won’t be twenty until December.

Five goals in 20 matches for Burton, contributing massively to their survival in League 1.

What a prospect.

• Well impressed with the signings this summer, young players with experience with allegedly clubs beyond our status who now have the opportunity to get game time in ‘mans football’. Worked well for a certain Mr. Eze I recall. I am looking forward to the season with a more optimistic feeling than I have had in previous years. Bring it on starting with next Saturday’s game for JJ.

• With you there, @davebevan.

• Thank you kind sir.

• Welcome!!😎

• @micra, according to irishfa.com, Taylor's height is 6'0 / 1.85, weight 11.02 / 71kg.

• There’s another lad in the Forest academy who would be worth a look - Josh Powell, very versatile winger who can play on either flank and I believe has played at youth level in the middle of the park and also in defence.

• Fingers crossed for this one. Looks useful.

• What a signing! Was terrified at the prospect of Mellor starting up top for us this campaign!