Skip to content

With loanees gone back, four players released, Ephraim and Craig still to be confirmed and Murphy on

Then how many players have we got remaining;
Ingram
Lynch
Jombati
Pierre
Jacobson
Wood
Bean
Bloomfield
Max
Holloway
Hayes

1. Is that correct? We seem to have a lot of business to do but I have faith in GA.

Comments

• That was Murphy on the move (seemingly)

• Good job we dont have a serious game for another nine weeks then!

Our own and loan players will come in due course. Lets hope have same success rate as last season

• do we have an idea on when Ephraim is due to decide on whether to sign up, do we know if its a 2 or 2 year deal? we will have a small squad much luck last year however if GA can add some really quality into CB, CM, RW,LW,ST then i think we could do even better than last season!

• I can understand why they both want some time to think it over on holiday. Craig is not getting any younger and probably wants to see if anyone offers more cash before he has to hang up his boots and Ephraim has played at a higher level and probably wants to see if anyone comes in from a league above. Doesn't mean they won't sign and to be honest, which of us wouldn't do the same.

• That is 11 players, 9 of whom were first team regulars in a side that finished fourth last season. While we're short on bodies at this stage, that is common among teams at this level and we are in a strong position, building on a good core rather than a few players we weren't able to get rid of.

• @TheSwearmeister With Craig I don't think it's anything to do with money - I think that they may be waiting till later in the summer as they could possibly be offering a different style contract what with him nearing the ripe age of 35. Possibly a player-coach role? He is certainly rated as a very valuable character in the dressing room by Ainsworth. Alternatively it could be that they are waiting to see the extent of whatever injury he sustained in the play off final. Either way, they stated that talks were scheduled for 'later in the summer' which implies that nothing has been offered yet, but you can imagine will be.

• Yeah - could be the case too. He's got to be thinking about the future outside of the game. Him and Sam Wood get on very well too. Some players have been taking badges this week too. It's obviously something the club seem to encourage