Skip to content

Comments

• 6'5, bloody hell

• Never seen him play, but sounds promising.

• Looks a unit. Pleased with this one too

• Seems a very sensible acquisition given Tafa’s fitness, Forino’s fitness (and rumours on his future) and Matt’s desire to be able to play with a back 3. I wonder if Joe Low’s signed for wages comparable to those being covered by Wakely’s loan. Cogs really turning now in our pre-season.

• Looks promising. Last time we got a Welsh Joe born in Cardiff it turned out pretty well.

• A new Low

• Pleased with this signing and on paper he looks like a great prospect to pick up and to develop. In July I held the opinion that a mid-table finish and an adjustment to Blooms' style would represent success for us this season, but given the strength of the squad due to solid recruitment and the options we now have at our disposal I now think we're going to be pushing for playoffs once again. Shaping up to be very promising!

• edited July 2023

I am definitely much more optimistic too. My most significant remaining question marks are over creativity (10 role) and some kind of viable backup/partner to Vokes, especially given his age and odd injuries. I hope De Barr and Mellor kick on, but as of right now I think having to go to them at the 9 if Vokes was out or rested would put us in a bit of a spot (unless they have developed over the summer, which is entirely possible). Similarly, I think Hanlan has shown he is better out wide than as the sole striker, so I think we are currently without that backup. Having said all that, we are not likely to land a proven goalscorer, especially as a backup, so we may have to make do or pick up a development prospect there.

I am very happy with the back half, though - we seem set all the way up through the center of midfield, more or less, and we have some real bite and tenacity between Scowen, Leahy and (hopefully) Breckin, with some pace on the wings too.

• undoubtedly the soundtrack to our opening day victory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcGMCnxY3Ug

• edited July 2023

Was Joe released by Bristol City or was he told that he could go away and find a move? I'm trying to understand if this is a transfer where we have paid a fee or he had his contract been terminated and he's joined on a free?

In an article from the local Bristol paper, it seemed like he was still under contract but due to a transfer being discussed, he wasn't included in there pre-season tour?

• Looks pretty good this, welcome Joe

• Although, it will be a fight fight to be heard over the strains of Sweet Kane Vincent from the terrace, obviously.

• Known as J-Lo in the dressing room apparantly

• This is Joe low

But he won't hurt you

When you are alone

He will be there with you

Finding ways to score goals

• My thoughts exactly . If the players can adapt to his style and are willing to play for Matt and I see no reason why not then we’re on for a good season.

• If nothing else, he will be able to bring priceless experience/knowledge from his years as Germany manager to the dressing room. Although his personal habits may upset some.

• ‘Let’s Get Loud’ has to be on the PA system when scores his first bullet header.

• Joe Low signed a three-year deal with Bristol City in 2021, so had a year left.

He is another really good signing. Exactly the sort of player we ought to be looking at; youthful with bags of potential.

Matt Bloomfield is building something here.

• Agree with you on the 10 role, and whilst I believe Breckin will be a quality player for us, we have to wait and see how he adapts to the league. I'm intrigued to see if Christie Ward can kick on too this season and share the role with Breckin, as that would work out fantastically for us if so, but agree with you that we will probably look to the development squad to find more attacking players.

Maybe it's going overboard, but it's been one of, if not the most positive recruitment windows that I can remember following the Chairboys and I am firmly looking forward to next season.

• I think we definitely need another forward, although I hope the development lads can kick on, I would much prefer someone with a bit more experience in that role right now.

• Yes, while all the new additions so far are really encouraging, we've lost our two top scorers from last season (Mehmeti & Wing) and I don't think we can expect development lads to replace their goals. I would expect a couple of forwards to arrive before the window closes.

• edited July 2023

We paid a fee - confirmed by Bristol City

• edited July 2023

Where have you seen this? All I have seen is ‘undisclosed’. He wasn’t on their pre-season tour and was publicly out of Pearson’s plans. Why would we pay an up front fee for a player that they are actively trying to remove from their wage bill? Highly likely it’s free or peppercorn for now, with clauses that may benefit them further down the line.

• Just wonder if there was any tie in with the Anis sale and / or that Chairman bloke from Palace?

• 'Undisclosed fee' can quite often mean 0, but the selling club doesn't want to admit they've given them away for nothing.

Why that would be the case here, I'm not sure.

• Joe Low seems a great lad from the interview, and nice to hear two new players (at least) comment on how helpful Richard Keogh has been for them.

• Thank you @ReturnToSenda & @glasshalfempty for answering my question.

Paying a fee (no matter how big or small) is certainly a surprise for 2 players so far this transfer window. I know both are "undisclosed" but in the last few seasons we have only managed with free's. After RC's admission that budgets were at best the same as last year, does this mean we are taking a gamble and gearing up for a promotion push?

• Having a player that will / might have a sale value later on is a winner for me. Today is a good day