Skip to content

“Most Certainly So” bingo

Comments

• Yes a tough day at the office for the Gaffer, fails to trouble the scoreboard for the first time this season 0️⃣

But in his defence it was windy.

Great opportunity to get back on track post match tomorrow night.

• edited August 2023

He's in on the joke now surely... not a hint of anything either 'most' or 'certain' after Tuesday night. Phil even tempted him with a 'certainly' himself, but Matt wasn't having any of it.

• Ah, such a shame. It would make sense he became self conscious about it once he knew the joke.

• Early season form deserting the seasoned pro? It’s another 0️⃣ but form is temporary, quality is………

On to Burton

• I'd like to see Phil continue his tactic of occasionally dangling one outside his off-stump to see if he'll have a little nibble...

Imagine if Blooms strings 5 or 6 interviews together without a solitary MCS and then suddenly, from nowhere, in an unguarded moment, one just pops out. Phil would come over all 'Aggers and Johnners', and the interview would descend into a fit of giggles, interspersed with football cliches, as they try to keep it going. Could be hilarious... keep watching!

• He stuck to a simple 'definitely so' at the start of his interview today.

• Caught cold so early in the interview, let’s not make this a habit 0️⃣

• Just the one today in the 3CR interview.

Do any other Wycombe fans actually listen to 3CR?

• What's a radio?

• Apparently it’s much like a wireless but smaller with no obvious space for the valves, bewildering.

• Big fat 0️⃣ on the in-house post match with @bluntphil . This lean spell needs to end soon.

With no immediate Tuesday night games offering the opportunity to bounce straight back then where is the next one going to come from?

• Time for knocks, physical and mental, to heal.

• I listen on the way home though I cannot text or ring in as I brave the roads home @NewburyWanderer

• edited August 2023

A portable radio, yes, but a radio is just another name for a wireless. In fact a valve radio would be quite big compared to a transistor radio aka a wireless.

Anyway I just learnt why a wireless is so called...

It doesn't use wires to transmit the signal between transmitter and receiver. I always thought it was something to do with having no wires inside. 🤦‍♂️

• Radio just another name for a wireless! You’ll be telling me next a locomotive is just another name for an engine or precipitation is really just rain!

And don’t get me started on beverage and drink…….

• “Chairboys Dave” is a solid contributor to 3CR post match. His texts are usually spot on, succinct, and generally capture the mood of the day.

It was interesting to hear Josh interviewed this week, after MB. He seemed to be suggesting that the players have some kind of licence to decide the tactics on the pitch and that they are enjoying this freedom to adapt. The signal was in and out by then, so maybe I didn’t quite catch it right...

• I heard it @LeedsBlue and, yes, that's exactly what he was saying and that the players appreciate that responsibility.

• @LeedsBlue "Chairboys Dave" seems to be more or less the only Wycombe fan who regularly contributes to 3CR, in amongst what seems like hordes of Luton, Watford, Stevenage, and Franchise fans.

He also posts on the Gasroom from time to time 🙂

We could really do with getting more of our fans contributing to 3CR on a matchday.

As the station itself has said, the more interaction there is, the more we'll get covered.

I much prefer listening to them rather than Wycombe Sound while waiting to exit the car park. I find Wycombe Sound pretty unlistenable a lot of the time.

• We have been developing a proper post match show with Wycombe Sound during the first two Saturday home games. It gives fans a chance to have their say on the game either live on the phone, via WhatsApp or social media. We have also got reporters around the ground.

On top of this, we carry the full classified results and will be the first place to hear post match reactions from the manager and players.

Whilst at 3CR, I constantly tried to drive fan interaction with the station but often came up against moans along the lines of "'effin Two Counties don't care about Wycombe" & "I hate listening to Nathan Jones/Karl Robinson/whoever got the air time" (delete as applicable).

Similar to 3CR, our new post match show will be much stronger with fan interaction, so give it a listen and also get involved! Tune in on 106.6FM or Wycombe Sound online.

• ...And now it's "effin' Evans"...!!!

It's clear that Luke Ashmead, who anchors their "505" show, doesn't favour one local team over another (he's a Southampton fan), and always pleads for Wycombe voices to be heard.

The drawback to Wycombe Sound, for those departing the Chair Metropolis after the game, is that it will drop out on the journey north much quicker than 3CR does. It's interesting that at a certain point on the M40 the 3CR signal drifts into Radio Oxford, who will still be banging on about the PNLs as it's their only team, vs 3CR's five.... (or four plus one, if you will)

• @LeedsBlue against your better advice, I'm moving to Brighouse in the huddhax triangle (what was the third?). So Leeds away FA Cup please

• Silly me! That last line should have read...

"I find Wycombe Sound pretty unlistenable a lot of the time, except of course when @bluntphil is on."

• I listen to 3CR driving to and from the games, and at other odd times. They give all the local non-league results. I enjoy the Part-time Pele segment with Ollie Bayliss, listing the top non-league scorers.

• @bluntphil Any chance you can take over the music selection at Wycombe Sound too?

• @LX1 Omg, that’s smack in the middle!! It’s the Cleckhuddersfax Triangle (Cleckheaton being the third point of the triangulation).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07FdVcspOfQ

• We listen to 3CR on the way home from the match. Luke Ashmead does a great job. More Wycombe contributors would be great and at least we don’t have to listen to ‘The Reverend’ Nathan Jones any more.

Steve Evans is great value as well. Stevenage are always unlucky in defeat, “He’s a great referee but I think he’s got that one wrong”. Always deserving in victory. We are building our support for Steve, he has turned that club around.

• I have the dubious pleasure of switching to 3CR almost as soon as I hit the M40, then loosing even that through the Oxfordshire cutting. On to BBC Oxford which is hilarious when the PNL are on a loosing streak (at some point every season) but I have to admit the bbc local radio coverage of Oxford United is superb. Dedicated hours of reporting, commentary and analysis. Really annoying.

• 'you are in the press box, you do not celebrate'

One of the greatest moments in football history

• Jerome Sale is a plonker. When he read the Oxford tv new he had a bbc voice, when he commentates at the footie he drops his ‘G’s’ - goes from Summertown to Blackbird Leys in ‘ver drop of an H !