Skip to content

Fixtures Released Thursday 22nd

After a period of tedium since the home kit was revealed, the fixtures are out tomorrow. Anything anyone is watching out for? Also, anyone want to have a go at predicting the first and last game?

We are on a run of six seasons in a row starting at home against teams to the north of us (Lincoln, Blackpool, Bolton, Rotherham, Accrington, Burton) so I am going to predict that home streak to come to an end.

Opening fixture: Wigan (A)

Final fixture: Northampton (H)

Comments

• Opening day fixture: Peterborough Utd (H)

Closing day fixture: Stevenage (A)

• Ought to be home to Man City but that's looking unlikely.

• Opening Day: Peterborough (H)

Closing Day; Peterborough (A)

Two 3-0 victories, the last to deny the Posh a play-off place, disappointing for Posh who will be expecting us to field a weakened side after securing automatic promotion the week before.

• Carlisle (a)

• edited June 2023

Been waiting ages for this, taking my son around the 92, he's got Wigan, Blackpool & Barnsley left to do in L1! Just hoping none of them fall on 19th August as we're away.

15 to go...one general rule - if Wycombe are playing we're not allowed to go anywhere else. So a bit of a challenge to get it completed!

• Interesting! I always suppose the 92 to be extremely challenging even beyond the obvious, as it keeps changing as new clubs get promoted from the Conference. Mind you, a little easier when it is previous league teams coming back up, rather than a Harrogate or a Sutton.

• Yes, he managed to get rid of Hartlepool (thank goodness, especially after deciding not to go to FA Cup a couple of season ago).

He's regained Notts County & Wrexham.

I've just got Sutton and Barrow to do who've come up in recent years...was hoping we'd get Sutton in the JPT.

• Must have done Gander Green Lane at least 10 times watching the Wanderers.

• Always one of the best days of the year. Plotting how it all pans out versus other interests etc.

Cheltenham, Reading or Bristol Rovers away early on would be nice.

• Bolton (a) - only league 1 ground I’ve not seen Wycombe play at.

Not had good luck with fixtures in recent seasons so assuming will be on a day can’t go!

Will also be watching out for Barrow, Salford, Sutton fixtures, as want to try and get back up to the 92 this season (also missing Brentford) , ideally with combinations of Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton being the away team as could have a chance of ticking off seeing the 92 home & away for first time!

• On a vaguely related note, I've often wondered what constitutes a 'new ground' these days.

I'm assuming Tottenham's new stadium really is a new ground, even though the site overlaps with the old White Hart Lane.

But where does that leave Bournemouth? Pretty much the same site, but pitch turned round 90 degrees and all the stands rebuilt.

Have I seen us play them away on one ground or two?

Going back to before we played them, I believe that Notts County built four new stands over a single summer. Same site, but same or new ground?

If you're totting up the number of grounds you've seen us play at, I wonder what the general consensus is.

• I’m going for...

opening game Burton A (away)

last game Exeter C (home)

• It's funny, Tottenham I'd without doubt say is a new ground, but if Wycombe stay where they are, yet moved the direction, I'd still probably say it was the "same" ground.

• @Malone I tend to think that if it's wholly on the same site (like Bournemouth), then it's the same ground.

If it's only partially on the same site (like Spurs), then it's a new ground.

If I thought hard enough though, I might come up with one or two exceptions...

Like - Wembley! Pretty much wholly on the same site, but pretty much always thought of as a new ground.

• edited June 2023

We have drawn Wimbledon and Stevenage in the Papa Checkatrade Bonzo Doo-Dah Dog Trophy, with U21 side to be confirmed tomorrow.

Mocking aside, I would actually like to do well in that competition for once.

• Would like Reading away before they find their feet. Do they even have a manager yet?

Derby or Posh at home for the last game with plenty to play for.

It’s also the League Cup draw tomorrow, a good cup run and a top half finish would do me with a couple of the development boys breaking into the starting 11

COYB

oh….. a couple of signings would be useful too!!!

• I predict first match Bristol Rovers away, last match Cambridge United home.

• First match will be at home to a promoted side

• Away to Exeter on opening day, home to Port Vale on final day

• Port vale away first game.

Shrewsbury home last game.

• Lincoln A to start, Bristol Rovers H to finish

• At home to open for the seventh season running

• I was at least correct to predict we play Exeter on the opening day!

(I'm now off to buy a lottery ticket).

• Sat Aug 5 - Exeter City H

Sat Aug 12 - Lincoln City A

Tue Aug 15 - Leyton Orient H

Sat Aug 19 - Burton Albion H

Sat Aug 26 - Bristol Rovers A

Sat Sep 2 - Northampton Town A

Sat Sep 9 - Cambridge United H

Sat Sep 16 - Blackpool H

Sat Sep 23 - Charlton Athletic A

Sat Sep 30 - Carlisle United H

Tue Oct 3 - Portsmouth A

Sat Oct 7 - Fleetwood Town A

Sat Oct 14 - Cheltenham Town H

Sat Oct 21 - Peterborough United A

Tue Oct 24 - Bolton Wanderers H

Sat Oct 28 - Oxford United A

Sat Nov 11 - Stevenage H

Sat Nov 18 - Wigan Athletic A

Sat Nov 25 - Reading H

Tue Nov 28 - Barnsley A

Sat Dec 9 - Shrewsbury Town H

Sat Dec 16 - Derby County A

Sat Dec 23 - Port Vale H

Tue Dec 26 - Exeter City A

Fri Dec 29 - Leyton Orient A

Mon Jan 1 - Bristol Rovers H

Sat Jan 6 - Burton Albion A

Sat Jan 13 - Lincoln City H

Sat Jan 20 - Port Vale A

Sat Jan 27 - Fleetwood Town H

Sat Feb 3 - Cheltenham Town A

Sat Feb 10 - Peterborough United H

Tue Feb 13 - Bolton Wanderers A

Sat Feb 17 - Oxford United H

Sat Feb 24 - Stevenage A

Sat Mar 2 - Barnsley H

Sat Mar 9 - Reading A

Tue Mar 12 - Wigan Athletic H

Sat Mar 16 - Northampton Town H

Sat Mar 23 - Cambridge United A

Fri Mar 29 - Portsmouth H

Mon Apr 1 - Blackpool A

Sat Apr 6 - Derby County H

Sat Apr 13 - Shrewsbury Town A

Sat Apr 20 - Carlisle United A

Sat Apr 27 - Charlton Athletic H

• When will the EFL buy a map and discover that High Wycombe is not in the West Country. Exeter on Boxing Day - bugger.

• I think we’re in the SW region for fixture assignments. Should be my first game since Plymouth away a few Christmases ago…

• Crystal Palace U-21s in the Pizza trophy. Can't bloody wait.

• It was the same when I was involved with High Wycombe RUFC, the RFU assigned us to the South West Division, and our away trips were always to places such as Weston-super- Mare, Berry Hill (Forest of Dean), Plymouth Albion, and Camborne and Redruth in Cornwall.

The 180 miles to Exeter is a breeze by comparison.

• Think Ebere might get a run out as one of their over age players?!! Some hope ! And he might well be with one of the top PL clubs by then. Arsenal probably favourite.

• You back in Blighty for festive season @floyd ?

Assume Leyton Orient (A) also a possibility.