Skip to content

New kit announcement soon

Comments

• ‘A principle is only a principle if it costs’.

The current owner has declared that they don’t do discounting.

So a 4% discount may well be a lifetime deal!

• Whilst I do agree that the ‘once in a lifetime’ sale was a complete disgrace, the frozen price of £47 for our new kit is pretty decent value. Premier league kits went up in price again and now cost c£80. Fulham’s 22/23 home kit still costs £70. Even Chesham United’s new kit costs £45. The club deserve some credit on this.

• Does anyone know when we will start getting other Hummel products in the club shop, rather than the last of the Oneill's gear?

I really, really want just a simple black baseball cap with the WWFC crest on it.

• I’ll PM you and @ReturnToSenda when I get it but don’t hold yer breath!

• I thought there was an agreement / guidelines from the EFL that states that shirts have to be kept for at least 2 seasons. I believe Preimer League is different because of money and sponsors rights

• These two ladies were the original designers of the iconic Denmark ‘86 shirt from Hummel. If this isn’t our new second shirt we need to renegotiate the contract.

• it's a bit 'Kidderminster'...

But then, if we had a yellow and green affair for our third strip, then that would be a nice nod to our FA Trophy Final scalps.

• If green instead of red, I will drive the bandwagon for free.

• The Villa version of that kit was pretty spicy too

• W/C 14th August for dispatch - "subject to supplier delivery". You could be waiting a while....

• Tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm. The Gold kit is still up at full price under 'Vintage shirts'.

Knock it down to £20 and I'd consider it.

• That 'vintage shirts' section of the online store did make me chuckle. Fairly sure it's all just O'Neills bits from last season!

• Never understood the obsession every year with how the latest kit is going to look and who is going to supply it. I am more interested who is coming to the club to wear whatever design is chosen. If we played in white T shirts with new quality recruits and reach the Championship next year that would do for me. Before anyone gets on my case I am a self confessed philistine not known for my cutting edge dress sense.

• edited June 2023

Fair play, but for me, tribal colours are one of the most distinctive parts of the tribe. If Wycombe go on another five hundred years, only the colours and the stadium have a chance of staying the same. Even the fans, the most constant of the human element, would cycle through again and again. And of the final two standing, the colours have a better chance of lasting than a stadium does.

Let's face it, besides the very name of the club itself, "laundry" is the most enduring object of our support!

• I will whisper it @davebevan ...but I don't care about the shirts either. Nor do I recognise the subtle changes in shades of blue that sometimes cause talks of rebellion but I too have little dress sense or sartorial taste.

• edited June 2023

I have excellent taste (hmmmm, really?) but cannot wait until late August to surprise local residents with my unexpected conversion to the wearing of a replica shirt.* Trouble is the soon to be outmoded 22/23 shirt, if the website photo is to be trusted, doesn’t have the right shade of dark blue. It’s too dark.

I feel I’m between a rock and a hard place.

* motive for sudden, unexpected conversion is a combination of looking forward to the surprised/amused/shocked reactions of neighbours, friends and acquaintances and the prospect of striking up the odd conversation with replica-shirtless fans who otherwise wouldn’t know that we had something very important in common.

Let’s do it !

• This new kit, lovely though it might be, is a side show. Where’s the Wycombe Hawaiian I believe Rob promised us?

• Anyone know if the new shirts will be available in the club shop earlier than the 14th of August when the online ordered shirts are due to be delivered?

Disappointing if they won’t be available sooner. Still, it’s something to look forward to, assuming I’ll be spared!

• As a basic requirement the shirt has to be fully stocked in the club shop on the day of the Cardiff friendly. Anything less is really unprofessional on the part of both the club and kit manufacturer.

• Basic element of the commercial decision to go with Hummel should be the guarantee of supply to hit key dates.

• Bristol City binned them halfway through last season. I thought the issue was with their UK supplier - who I believe went bust - but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's really not too much to ask that the kit is available before the start of the season.

• It's a shame because design-wise, I think they're the best major kit brand around.

• I agree. The club must have known the contract with O'Neils was ending. Unless they tried to renew and it all became last minute.

I can't see any fairness to the people that have paid to pre-order the shirt, potentially getting theirs after someone that chose not to. Unless it was just a way of balancing the books for the off season.

• This answers the question of will the new shirt be available at JJ's testimonial. So poor. https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial/status/1670747664957276161?t=GvBLj9IYTY-mersWkxN_5A&s=19

• It's one of our finest traditions to not have kits available for day 1 of the season, isn't it?

• The players will still be wearing the new kit though. Just no one else.

• Trying to come up with excuses… the pre order system allows the club to establish demand before overspending on stock as they have done with previous kits - there’s a reason the players were signing wet cement, red away and goalkeeper kits from January-ish onward. Either we had major cash flow issues or the amount of extra merch stock we had was high. The Couhigs even abandoned their ‘no sale’ policy and I bet that wasn’t a nice decision for them to make judging by their character. Anyway, I would imagine that the online kit sales would outnumber physical club shop sales 5:1 even if we had the stock available in the club shop. Still not a good look after the absolute fiasco a few years ago.

• edited June 2023

Feels like we need a re-set post the stumbling end to last season. The JJ game should be treated by the club as this curtain raiser to the new season and as a financial opportunity. So: A sunny evening, familiar old faces, kids excited with their new shirts, smoke rising from the bbq in the car park, a rumour of an imminent new signing buzzing in the beer tent, the smell of fresh paint in the gleaming loos. Famous opposition gracing the freshly mown AP grass with their presence.

7/7 full marks if this all came off*. My prediction, an optimistic 4/7.

*not possible as Cardiff aren’t all that