Skip to content

Early days for signing talks

It was just about 2 weeks after the end of the previous season when it was announced that we had signed Pierre. I would take a guess that any new names might start popping up mid to end of next week?

Still loads of enthusiasm about after Wembley but "in Gareth we must trust" and am sure we'll get a couple of surprises this year - just a feeling.

Just a shame we have the summer to wait for a new season though but so good to feel this way for the first time in a long time.

Comments

• Reallly positive signs and comments

• That sounds really interesting - I think the exposure that playing across a TV audience and at Wembley possibly outweighed being promoted in third place. If you look at the plan the club expected is to consolidate last season and go for playoffs this year so well ahead of schedule. Would be great to push for another playoff campaign next term.

• we should be aiming for promotion in this division every year cant believe some fans are happy with just mid table lack of football ambition

• edited May 2015

No wonder the bookies are tipping Trevor to be named the Gasroom's "Poster of the Year" for the 2014-2015 season.

Breaking onto the scene a few seasons ago, he's quickly made a name for himself with his minimal number of canned responses, and a shining inability to listen to reason or realism.

He's young, hopeful, he's an absolute moron of the highest calibre. The Gasroom's new young starlet!

Trevor. Remember that name, because he will probably forget it.

• If we get a few excellent 'Gaz loanees' and off to a good start and maintain the team morale, promotion or another play-off is not beyond us.

• Do the numbers work on the chairmans statement?
    For the semis after expenses I understood we got 12.5% of the attendance money for the four ties. 4 games *10000 per game *£20 *.125 = 100k. After expenses £80k sounds about right.
    Then for the final I understood after expenses we got 25% of attendance money. Crowd was 40000 paying say £30 per head after concessions - total income £1.2m. If we only get £80k of this, would imply total income after expenses of £320k. Does that mean that expenses, primarily cost of hiring Wembley, is £900,000. Obviously Wembley wouldnt be cheap but surely not that much. have i misunderstood?

• it all sounds very promising, makes me feel good roll on next season ...

• I'm not sure how the £160k total in the article has been calculated, but the remainder of the article seems to suggest in excess of £80k for the semis and significantly more for the final. Sounds to me like the £160k is an underestimate.

• @Chris said:
    I'm not sure how the £160k total in the article has been calculated, but the remainder of the article seems to suggest in excess of £80k for the semis and significantly more for the final. Sounds to me like the £160k is an underestimate.

If true, it would suggest that the entire play off process was less valuable to us than a one off 3rd round home tie against Liverpool would have been.

• Also it was worth less than being in the Premier League this season. Or being drafted in the IPL. Or winning the lottery.

• @Chris said:
    Also it was worth less than being in the Premier League this season. Or being drafted in the IPL. Or winning the lottery.

Less a snipe, more an observation as with 'Wembley' one would usually associate $$$$.

• A big cup tie is always going to be more financially beneficial than a playoff run (outside the team that gets promoted to the Premier League obviously) as that game's gate is only divided amongst two parties. The playoffs are divided amongst a minimum of 5.