Skip to content

Football Trivia Quiz

Can you get the answers to these 10 questions without using Google?

1. Which is the only club whose home ground is in England, but who play in the Scottish Leagues?

2. Name the three clubs in the EFL whose full names contain the letter X

3. In what year was the first official International match played, and between which teams?

4. England midfielder Jude Bellingham was signed by Borussia Dortmund from which EFL club?

5. In Arsenal’s ‘unbeaten’ season, 2003/04, which visiting team scored the most goals at Highbury?

6. A match between which two teams is known as the Old Farm derby? (That's Farm not Firm)

7. In 2010, former Wasps and England rugby player Danny Cipriani turned out in a Reserves match for which Premier League football club?

8. Which country were eliminated from the 2010 World Cup finals at the group stage, despite not losing a game?

9. Which club has held the FA Cup for the longest period in history?

10. The famous black and white striped kit of Juventus was inspired by the colours of which English club?

Comments

• My answers

1. Berwick
    2. Oxford, exeter, crewe
    3. England scotland - 1874?
    4. Birmingham
    5. No idea
    6. Ipswich Norwich?
    7. QPR?
    8. No idea
    9. Portsmouth?
    10. Notts Co
  • 8 I believe is New Zealand?

• 5 Fleetwood Town?

• My favourite football trivia question is how many goals did Holland score at the 2002 World Cup?

• I always liked "Sunderland did it in '79, Villa did it in '81.....who did it in '80?"

• 8 New Zealand is correct. 5 is not Fleetwood.

7 He did train at QPR, but played for a PL club before that.

3 The England v Scotland game was 1872

• Well done to @DevC with the quickest and most correct answers.

The missing answers are:

5 York City. Arsenal won 4-2 in an FA Cup tie, and no other visiting team scored more than 1 goal in that season.

7 Tottenham Hotspur. He played at left back, at a time when he was out of favour with English rugby, and was considering a switch to football.

Portsmouth won the Cup in 1939, and with no football during the war, they held it for 7 years.

• Number 3 was played at the West of Scotland cricket ground in Partick.

They still play cricket to this day, well worth a visit, especially for the numerous watering holes on the Dumbarton Rd in Partick.

No Spoons or chain pubs in Partick.

• Ok, the Fleetwood one will become a sly quiz answer in years to come but your date was obviously a few years before the move to the Emirates.

• LX1LX1
    edited May 2023

I got the year wrong for first international as this September Scotland play England in a '150th anniversary match.'

Isn't this a year late or have I missed something?

Edit..yes I have. The SFA was founded a year later in 1873 which the anniversary refers to.