Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• edited September 2023

What a shit show we've all been ran through.... 🤷‍♂️🙈

Well.......Hanlan is obviously staying put for now....

Let's see if anything materialises from all this Uche speculation.....

Night ladies and gentlemen

• My dad owns a rollercoaster

• Bless James Richings writing a "roundup" on a day where literally nothing happened. Tough job.

• The question is - what $% is the player budget up or down on last season?

It is the single most important factor of success and the Couhigs want out.

Nobody out of the 92 can run a football club on a sustainable basis as our current owners have discovered.

To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

• Well I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed that, if rumours are true, we’ve fumbled the Hanlan sale. I would’ve ripped Wrexham’s hand off for £200k, let alone more… Let’s hope their Armstrong paperwork hasn’t gone through and that they need Hanlan in on loan.

• Part of me hopes the uche announcement comes with the team sheet this afternoon.

Vokes up top, uche on the right, Hanlan on the left.

No idea if it would work but sometimes a bit of anarchy goes along way.

• Loan window closed too, isn’t it?

• I would have to say that’s a lose lose of a last week of a window.

Tuesday horrid performance. P1ssed off manager. Unsettled player. Friday we still have Hanlan (who must be spinning regardless of whether he wanted to go or not). We have been clear we want another striker to replace Hanlan. We can still sign his replacement but now don’t have capital in the bank and still have him on the payroll.

Did we REALLY want Uche? Did we REALLY want to unload Hanlan? We’ve achieved neither. Just created confusion that Blooms needs to resolve.

Makes you wonder who was driving this little episode. Finances? Football? Players?

What a pickle.

• Yep and this can hardly have helped our preparation for the game today ……

• Maybe just a reminder that gossip is only that and nothing is done until all parties agree, Not ideal but also not a disaster, Hanlan looked to have his best game in a long while last Saturday and we missed him in midweek, hopefully he can get his head down and score some goals, wouldn't 100% rule out Uche joining either although he'll have other interest from people with more money. Possibly more worrying that we couldn't put together a big enough deal to get Kone signed, unless Uche is plan A.

• I think most of the chaos has been fuelled on here, X and Facebook to be fair.

• Kone has work permit/visa issues, I don’t imagine it’s money related at all.

Re Uche, strange we went from a Thursday medical to absolutely nothing, fingers crossed we get a pre game announcement today.

• edited September 2023

Not sure that recent dealings (or lack of them) have any bearing on the signing of Richard Koné. Unless work permit discussions, for example, have also broken down.

Let’s hope a win this afternoon, featuring a performance from Brandon Hanlan as good as his cameo last Saturday, helps to alleviate the pain of yesterday’s anticlimax.

COYB

• Hanlan always comes across as a quiet unassuming lad. This gossip has not been exclusive to social media it’s been out there in interviews and the local press so he must have known the club were happy to let him go and the new guy was waiting in the wings.

So let’s see what Hanlan does now. Fires him up to be the best version of himself or has his confidence dented which impacts his play. I PERSONALLY think we have Hanlan we don’t need to spend the money on Uche.

• Kone had work permit issues two or three years ago, not sure we would have bothered taking him on trial if we couldn't overcome that. Think Blooms said talks were ongoing a couple of weeks ago.

• Of course, there are two kinds of happiness in the current context. Happiness that the club haven’t stood in the way of a move (traditionally the case at our club) and happiness at getting away from a club that you feel isn’t quite right for what you feel you have to offer. Sadly, the latter seems to be the case here, possibly tinged with a feeling that unjustifiable greed may have come into play.

• The thing is with Uche is that whether we sign him or not, he'll be a long way short of being ready to play. I don't think a big fanfare announcing his arrival would be ideal considering he's probably a few weeks away from being match fit. Probably better to keep things quiet, get him training and then sign him (or announce the signing) when he's closer to fitness.

• edited September 2023

And it sounds like the need to push for a little more in order to pay for his replacement before the latter deal could be sealed also came into play.

• I still think the transfer window is a mental time of year. What other business organisations would be doing deals up until the last second of a deadline so regularly? And I feel that the once the season kicks off the window should be shut.

• Have to say that’s a thoroughly disappointing transfer window. Joe Low and Luke Leahy aside, there is little to provide much optimism for the future. The five loans are not bad signings but I don’t see how they help going forward unless promotion is achieved - which I think is nigh on impossible. This was always going to be a season of transition and we are now heavily reliant on loan signings, who will not be at the club next season.

The attack, whether Uche signs or not, is a big issue. Vokes is no longer good enough to start (especially not in the current system). McCleary, Hanlan and De Barr are good options off the bench but are they really good enough to start? I think we are around four players short (another wing back or two given we are playing that style and two-three attackers).

It looks like plenty of effort has gone into the transfer window but I’d question the overall performance, especially when you’ve recruited someone to perform such a role.