Skip to content

Man of the Match - Lincoln (H)

I'm going to hazard a guess that Max won't win.

MOTM
  1. Who is your Man of the Match for Lincoln (H)?47 votes
    1. Stryjek
        4.26%
    2. Grimmer
        2.13%
    3. McCarthy
        4.26%
    4. Tafazolli
        0.00%
    5. Jacobson
        4.26%
    6. Scowen
      23.40%
    7. Wheeler
        8.51%
    8. Wing
        0.00%
    9. Freeman
      21.28%
    10. McLeary
        2.13%
    11. Vokes
      23.40%
    12. Hanlan (sub)
        0.00%
    13. Willis (sub)
        4.26%
    14. Campbell (sub)
        2.13%

Comments

• Vokes. Josh also good. The rest looked pretty poor today.

• Definitely not Max this week, an absolute howler for the second goal that seemed to then take him an age to shake off.

I felt Freeman played fairly well, Scowen was decent defensively, Wheeler worked hard but with little real impact, Vokes worked so hard & was a tad unlucky with a couple of his headers, Willis looked composed when he came on & certainly helped steady the defence. The rest put in the effort but sadly with little or no end product.

Hard choice between Freeman, Vokes & Scowen, but plumped for Freeman this week (cue howls of derision).

• Josh. Again.

Every time we’re poor as a team, which let’s be honest has been a lot lately, he gets to show his strengths in abundance.

• Thought Willis looked very assured when he came on, gave it to him.

• Josh for me although Vokes also put in a shift. Struggling to see how anyone else deserved it.

• I’m very surprised that two people (so far) have presumably voted for Max on the basis that he kept the margin of defeat down before increasing it with his howler.

• Scowen as usual was immense but I gave it to Freeman who was playing well and unfairly subbed in my opinion. (More howls of derision.)

• Freeman was doing OK but it was the right decision to take off one of the midfield trio and push Wheeler deeper, allowing either Hanlan, or as it was, Chem to come on. Not that the change ultimately worked.

• In my view Freeman was doing more than OK. In fact had just made a run and decent cross down the left. He was replaced after 56 mins, far too early for me.

agreed that maybe a tweek in formation was needed but I would have preferred at that point if it was a tweek using the players that were already on the pitch. Nobody was actually playing badly and we were building pressure.

Hanlan and Campbell could have come on later as impact subs maybe TJ too.

Having said all this there’s no way of predicting the second goal which killed the game.