Skip to content

Comments

• We've always been phenomenal.

• Not a lot of notice for the global fanbase to book their flights!

Joking aside, it's nice this is coming back.

• Sit at home in sunny climbs sipping a mojito watching the game and be rewarded for you phenomenal support with exclusive offers…

OR

….trudge up Hillbottom Rd in all weathers and search in vain for a bag of chips

Don't all rush now there are plenty of pre poured pints humming on the back bar awaiting your arrival.

• your love of life is an inspiration to us all on here @perfidious_albion

• We have 1,000s of fans watching from "overseas" you know...

Would love to know how many are actually abroad though.

• Can I write on the form that I’m travelling from Vipienne?

• I'll need to change my username...unless there is a country called Wendoveria?

• I'm back in the UAE this weekend so I suppose I'll be part of the WWP for a few weeks. I'll post a video of me in a Wycombe shirt downing pints outside the Burj Kalifa before getting tasered by the police because it's still Ramadan. Probably better to do this....

"You can purchase a WanderersTV pass for £10 the week leading up to the game to watch live and you will be entered into a prize draw to win a special message from the Gaffer"

Hello there (long pause) Kim il Swan. Matt Bloomfield here. I've told the lads we have a supporter in Dubai and they all want to visit you because footballers are drawn to the place like flies to shit. Late May ok?

• Matt “quite probably so”.

I am donating £5 to charity every time Gaffer answers a question from Phil that requires the answer ‘yes’ but gets 3+ words when 1 would do.

#loveoflife 😉

• @perfidious_albion How much have you given over the years for the times when GA used to say “like you said” to Phil, when he hadn’t said whatever it was...?

Phil - “Battling draw today Gareth, what are your thoughts?”

GA - “Two good teams out there today Phil, but, like you said, we just needed that extra bit of quality in the final third...”

Back on topic - I’m sure I saw some of the Spanish ‘La Media Inglesia’ guys back at the Park recently...?

• My favourite recurring comment from GA:

"I tell you what, Team X (who we just beat 3-0 and looked awful) are a good, good side. They'll be up there at the end of the season."

• edited April 2023

I try and avoid the pre and post pleasantries, but it's hard to avoid when the BFP guy professionally spams facebook.

But I saw Matt B has continued Gareth's routine where the next opponent's manager is either doing a great job, or has done a great job at some point recently.

Has loads of respect for Derek Adams apparently!

• edited April 2023

I must admit I do not subscribe to WWTV largely because I find interviews with players and managers largely quite dull and uninformative. When they do put them for free on the website...I feel I am usually proved right. I like players sending me an email to say they are staying though...even if it is via the YouTube. If Gareth had said 'To be honest that loss effectively kills our chances of the play-offs' back in September I might have sat up and taken notice. 'And as for the injuries...we're screwed and have you seen the accounts...?'

No offence meant about your sterling work @bluntphil but I know the limitations of confidentiality and the format/genre !

• Surely you're denying yourself some material to absolutely fume about?

"Taf was too laid back for my liking, obviously off to Revs on route to Bolton" etc

• I fume less and less these days @Malone.

• I tend to forget I'm subscribed at times, the stuff around the manager changeover was very good. Slightly beginning to resent paying a tenner to watch online at home on top of season ticket and random fiver a month tbh.

• edited April 2023

I still can't believe we can watch league 1 games online every week. We're truly blessed. It only seems a few years ago it was about 1 game every 3 years on Sky at best, and only your rich and privileged pals even had it (or at least those whose family would allow those lurid dishes on the side of the house).

But yes £10 a game is woeful value really. I'm on £20 a month for Now TV, which can be 3 or 4 games a weekend.

The sooner they sort it out and have some sort of one off fee for the season to "properly" have every game available every day of the week, with a new deal that supports clubs the better.

• edited April 2023

Was a great novelty in lockdown but having got used to watching all games now including aways , midweeks and a few Saturdays when I don't go in person it's pretty hefty. As soon as the 3pm ban goes, which I don't really agree with but seems inevitable they will probably start to make TV subscriptions or mixed ones available.

Not paying £10 to listen to random family members opinions though, the ones towards the end of lockdown with Pete and Matt and not a bad word to be said about anyone despite us having been dross for weeks were bad enough.

• There’s a decent matchday package available to Vipienne residents.

• edited April 2023

I see the £25 for a month one, the occasional time we have 3 or 4 aways in a month.

Is there a yearly option? Does it have to be done in a certain window? By September or so as I can't see it available?

Ahhh, 5 secs of my own research...

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/june/29/annual-wandererstv-subscriptions-now-available/

£170 for the season, probably just about worth it just for the aways, on the assumption of 23 league games and might do a small handful in the flesh. But all the homes in there too...

• You could watch all 46, homes & aways, for that price surely?

• You could, but i'd always choose to be at the homes.

• Think I paid circa £85 or a half season for Vipienne tour. Add that to the £2.50 pcm for the Vipienne facility, which we will freeze/cancel at the end of the season, say £15.00 that totals £100.00 for lets call it 11 away games.

Take into account the fuel to get to each away game, average £50.00, 2 x tickets £35.00 plus food & beverage, think you are looking at £100 per game. Now the half season Vipienne tour cost doesn't look so bad. 🤷‍♂️

• Sounds decent.

Absolutely no need to be paying for a vpn facility though. There's free ones.

• edited April 2023

Home games you mean?

Or just no interest or vpn use desire for the aways?

• There are plenty of sites out there that you don't need to pay for, just negotiate the ads and you're in. I go to all the home games and about half away, the rest, just visit the world wide webbie

• I really hoped you weren't saying this. Dear oh lore.