Skip to content

Bucks CCC change of venue April 16th

Bucks County Cricket Club will now play their opening competitive match at the iconic J.P.Getty ground at Wormsley, just outside Stokenchurch (HP14 3YE) on Sunday April 16th.

The opening match in the National Counties T20 competition will be a double header against local rivals Oxfordshire. The first match commences at 11am. Originally scheduled for Thame Town CC, this is a late venue change.

If you have never been to this amazing ground it’s well worth a visit. The entrance is on the right-hand side on the Ibstone Road, about half a mile from the edge of Stokenchurch. Plenty of parking available on site. A good weather forecast in prospect too.

Comments

• It certainly is a great setting.

• It really is beautiful there. I have no interest in cricket but might go just for the tranquility!

• In a very exciting first match at Wormsley Bucks CCC beat Oxfordshire by 10 runs in the first of the T20 double-headers. Bucks made 145 in their innings, having been put in by Oxon. In reply, Oxon were restricted to 135 by some good bowling & fielding by Bucks.

the second match is underway with Bucks batting again. Bucks have made a sparkling start of 56-0 off 5 overs.

• Unfortunately Bucks were unable to maintain the pace of the start to the innings & ended up on 140-8 after 20 overs. Nottinghamshire spinner Samit Patel ripped the middle out of the Bucks innings, leaving Oxford 141 to win. Bucks’ total was probably 20-30 runs short but we shall see…..

• The second match ended in a 4 wicket victory for Oxfordshire so the day ended 1-1. A good day’s entertainment in a lovely setting. Could have been a bit warmer!!!

• Genuinely jealous (although tempered a little by how chilly it looks).

There are few better ways to spend a Sunday afternoon in summer.

• Scorecards if anyone is interested.

https://www.play-cricket.com/website/results/5616749

https://www.play-cricket.com/website/results/5616745

The Notts batter and slow left arm bowler Samit Patel played in both games. He has represented England at Test, ODI and T20I levels. Oxon CCC must be well funded to acquire his services!

• I'll be painting by shed later this summer.You are welcome to pop round if looking for something a little more stimulating......

Each to their own!

• Thanks for the link to the scorecards. I see Harrison Ward opened for Oxfordshire who is a regular in Sussex's T20 side and Saif Zaib opened for Bucks, who is a regular for Northants and received a call up to the Hundred on the back of his perfomances in the One Day Cup last season.

Hopefully should be a good pair of games at HWCC next week.

• Next match(es) v Berkshire at High Wycombe on Sunday April 23rd. Two x T20 matches. The first starts at 11am. Food & drink available at the bar. All welcome.

• I remember when Bucks had the policy of only picking players from Bucks club sides.

That seems a long time ago. Presumably, if you can't beat them join 'em.

• @wingnut, from the thread on the Bucks v Cambs match last August.

"There are four ways to qualify, born in Bucks, play in Bucks, live in Bucks or you have been in the Bucks Pathway scheme from the age of 12.

You can also play three 'outside' players at this level, one professional and two amateur, but Bucks have a policy of only playing two, currently Alexei Kervezee and Ed Bragg, both of whom play for Halesowen. Kervezee is a former Worcestershire pro (2008-17) and Dutch international."

Kervezee is full-time with Bucks.