Skip to content

Scowen stays for another year

124»

Comments

• David Wates has gone to QPR though

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🤝 We welcome Michael Amoah to Adams Park as the new Lead Physical Performance Coach, and thank David Wates for his service as he departs for QPR.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chairboys?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chairboys</a></p>&mdash; Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial/status/1671889225510436865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• I do think GA will lean on ex-players, but I would put Fred and Wing far ahead of Gape and Scowen in the likelihood stakes.

• Not certain Ainsworth going to endear himself to the QPR fans by signing Wycombe and ex Wycombe players. Most are not Championship quality , certainly not at a level where QPR want to be competing. I fully expect Ainsworth to be sacked before Christmas because it’s QPR!!!

• Gaz does love a re-signing of a player, but usually those are when the player is a game changer in the division he's in.

We all love a lot of our players, and many have been quality in tiers above, but without any doubt there's no-one in our squad who is a gamechanger at the level above.

And QPR need gamechangers, not just players who can exist there. They've just about scraped up this season as it was.

• It is going to be interesting. GA needs to change the culture quickly and also get quality in. Our ex-players are good for the former, but as @Malone says above, not as guaranteed for the latter.

• GA is probably trying to get trust in the dressing room. Something that has been absent at Loftus Road for a while. Put Scowen, Gape and Wing in the dressing room and he has allies. But this is not going to be the answer from the terrace. They want Premier League players not high division 1. Let’s face it he’s probably thought about signing JMac

• I have seen so many tweets from QPR fans about how GA is terrible because he got us relegated, and was stuck at Wycombe for ten years because no-one else wanted him. Also about how QPR are a better run club because they are in a higher division than Wycombe. They really do come across as quick a thick fanbase.

• They're a pound shop Chelsea.

When Gaz goes I can go back to willing their perennial gloom.

• Pound shop Chelsea - that is good @Malone

• edited June 2023

One of those clubs whose fans insist they have to play a "certain way" as if they've had a century of playing champagne football before.

• Josh is great and settled so I don't think it happens but it might suggest Ainsworth has now given up on getting his main targets and is shopping in cheaper areas if he didn't come in for him earlier. Sure him and Dobbo could turn it round given correct support but not sure I'd stake my own money on him staying beyond October.

• Yes...that's always a strange one...the West Ham 'Academy' don't want any of that Sam Allerdyce long ball shenannigans, and Forest always 'played the right way'. I did say to someone that the Reds can play any bloody way as long as they stay up...and they did.

• If GA is given time and has some success with his tenacious, direct style, I think QPR fans might actually find that winning itself is entertaining, even if other Championship fans don't want to watch them every week.

• Agree with this. I said to my Evertonian mate when they appointed Dyche that he would keep them up, but by October they’d all be moaning about his style of football.

• It's as if the concept of 'club DNA' is total poppycock (unless you're Ajax or Barcelona).

• I see on the club website, that Josh is taking shirt no. 4, instead of 28 for the coming season.

That doesn't suggest that he is considering going anywhere, quite the opposite I believe.

• God knows why he is staying as out of the 13 or so outfield players we have left, he is easily the best and quite capable of playing Championship football.

• Sam Vokes might have something to say about that!

• I’d be saying something if he did! But Sam is far too much of a gentleman to say anything.