Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Charlton (a) - Sat 25th March - Match 38

2»

Comments

• My Charlton mate asked if we’d fill the away end (3,000 !). I said 800-900 would probably cover it but even that now looks well short.

Good vibes.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=jkPyB-g3asI&feature=share

• I can't think this won't add a thousand or so to the attendance. I suppose it depends on when they first made the offer.

Plenty of opportunity to sing "You're only here for the Wycombe".

Anyway before @a40's post

27 predictions in -

Average for Total Crowd: 12171

Average for Away Crowd: 931

Perhaps an opportunity for those who have not predicted yet or indeed those who have never predicted to gain the coverted title of Forecaster of the Week.

• 15,112 with 112 chairboys

• edited March 2023

I’m hoping that, for Charlton, this will be the equivalent of our Kid a Quid games which often boosted the number attending only for them to witness a poor performance and, in some cases no doubt, put them off for life.

Not that I want to deter a single soul from becoming a regular at the Valley. (A good friend and my late brother = lifelong fans and I remember sitting on my brother’s shoulders at the top of a mountainous grass bank (in 1946 ?) and watching Sam Bartram running out of the penalty area to head the ball clear. I think he was wearing a cloth cap, too!).

• edited March 2023

The last time they did the free offer they had around 14500 with Bolton bringing much more than us.

• 14384 with 1150 Chair people please

• 14000 with 1100 away

• Shame they didn't extend the find a friend for season ticket holders thing to us! Won't be any good us planning to do that for say Fleetwood next season - because we might end up not playing them.

Happy predicting for this game anyway.

• Been given as 15,278 with 1,171 Chairboys.

• Apologies for this being delayed - I had a full body bone scan which occupied most of Monday and I was delighted to get an all clear from my prostate cancer having spread to my bones on Wednesday.

I have posted the Ipswich away crowd prediction thread, please give it a go. Apologies for it being late however I think that despite the big crowd expected there is a narrowish range for possible outcomes with Ipswich having already said that they have sold out for home tickets and away tickets no longer possible to buy.

Top Twenty for the Total Crowd:

Many congratulations to @BSE, whose consistent posting is rewarded with a title - Forecaster of the Week.

@BSE was the only forecaster within miles - to use not very accurate language - for this game where Charlton gave away free tickets to season ticket holders. I can also confirm that the only forecaster to record a scoring prediction in the season long competition was @BSE and is an unusual situation.

Mentions for @Will_i_ams and @PJS who were at least within a thousand.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd:

We were much better at this - many congratulations to @ForeverBlue who missed the actual away crowd of 1171 by just one person and congratulation to @Glenactico who was out by just three.

Mentions for @robin, @PJS, @ryan_w_kirkby2 and @NewburyWanderer who were all out by less than 50.

Other updates to follow.

• Best news for many a week @railwaysteve .

• Good news on the all clear @railwaysteve, it must be a tremendous relief for you and the family.

• What a great way for you to start Easter @railwaysteve. Lets hope the good news continues tomorrow with us getting a win at Portman Road and slotting in to the Playoffs.

• Great news @railwaysteve very happy to read that.