Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Barnsley (h) - Sat 18th March - Match 37

2»

Comments

• Some very high guesses today. Doesn’t feel busy in the village or the stadium

• Well no need for @railwaysteve to tot that one up. Nobody within 400+!

• Think this mornings downpour messed all of our guesses up

• Unfortunately if we can’t get fans through the doors for big games like today then we are going to struggle to continue to compete at the top end of league one

• About 900 home fans down on the Bolton game a month ago. Can't see any logical reason for that at all.

• Very disappointing crowd, hard to understand why. Train strike certainly would have affected some, but the home crowd was a good 1k down on what would've been expected and the strike wouldn't have kept that many away.

• Barnsley are not a big team and historically have not drawn in big crowds to AP.

Throw in the very wet morning weather, the 5pm England KO and I thought it would be lower than expected but not just over 5000.

A very poor attendance considering the season we are having and the quality of the opposition

• Top Twenty for the Total Attendance:

Many congratulations to @NewburyWanderer who was the closest.

I am not sure what percentage buy tickets on the day, but I reckon that if the downpour is even partially responsible for the missing people, then some who already had tickets must have decided not to come.

This week I am not posting the table for the home crowd - @NewburyWanderer and @Commoner were the closest.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd:

Congratulations to @SmiroludyBlue - missing by just 10 and honourable mentions for @Erroll_Sims, @NewburyWanderer and @perfidious_albion who were all out by less than 20.