5.33%
    13. Hanlan (sub)
        0.00%
    14. Freeman (sub)
        2.67%
    15. Pattenden (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Big Chris very impressive at times in a defensive unit that largely wasn't.

• Tough one this week as no one really stood out

Max was decent & unlucky with their goal, the defence looked disjointed, but Grimmer & Forino played ok (JJ & McC were below par); Scowen was mostly decent but not up to what we normally expect, Wingy had an average game & Wheels looked liked he hadn't played with either of them before; up front I thought Vokes worked really hard & was desperately unlucky not to get on the score sheet, GMac looked to be almost back to his earlier form & Campbell started well but seemed to run out of legs & ideas as the second half wore on. Of the subs, Hanlan was good but is better centrally rather than out wide, Freeman did ok & Pattenden wasn't on long enough to make much of an impression.

Overall I gave it young Forino as he was the one who played closest to the potential we know he has.

• I gave it to Wing as I thought he was running the midfield nicely, but Forino was certainly excellent, great physicality, anticipation and reading of the game.

We did look incredibly disjointed in places (and the first 10 minutes, other than our goal…ouch), but we were creating chances, I felt it was just one of those days of fine margins where the ball just didn’t fall well for us, time and again - but on the flip side, we were also lucky that Exeter squandered a host of excellent chances.

• No votes so far for random sponsor MOTM, David Wheeler.

Only one choice today. Big Chris.

• I went for Scowen, who was everywhere, though Wing a close second. I loved Freeman's cameo, too.

• I can only assume they stopped watching after 25 mins. Wheeler had a superb opening 15-20 then faded into the second half.

Stryjek for me. No outfield player worthy.

• Agree with the above, certainly not a criticism of Wheelers work rate but to give him MoM I didn’t see that coming. Big Chris by a long way personally.

• I didn't think we were very good today, but tbf Forino put maximum effort in and didn't miss much at all and won pretty much all his headers.. so he gets it for me

• Yep, great work rate from Wheeler for sure and his aerial contributions were at the centre of a lot of our attacking efforts - but not an MotM contender for me.

• Did Wheels get that? Wow. Opposition sponsor again then. Makes sense only because he was there earlier in his career. Probably Wheels worst game in a long while.

• Big Chris stand out performance. Usual go to Josh S, unusually, had a good first but v average second half.

• edited March 2023

Big Chris Forino by a country mile. He was a one man defence at times.

Two games in succession of loose possession and bad decision making. It was far too easy to cut through us.

Give it time… he says nervously.

• Forino is a Rolls Royce defender. Incredible physical presence and a learning ability that makes him different from so many. Sir Matt Crossley didn’t have the physical attributes of Forino but was one of the smartest defenders we’ve had. Always in the right place, never had to rely on pace to get himself out of trouble, the ball always seems to go to those players. And it’s not by luck.

• As someone pointed out before, Forino wins an incredible percentage of MOTM awards per games played, far higher than anyone else. If we can keep him healthy for a whole season it would be a sight to behold.

• G Mac for me. Caused Exeter a lot of problems and was involved in nearly all of our best attacking moves. We needed someone to put the ball in the net again yesterday, chances were there.

• I think he will be Gareth's first purchase next season unfortunately. He is too good for this level.

• I agree on the latter statement, and hope the first does not come to be! I think next season with Forino will be a little like this season with Mehmeti for me - hoping we get another full season, but preparing myself to lose him.

The only thing that could keep him here longer is if his injury record does not improve.

• Well Gareth will certainly know if Forino has a release clause!

• That must put Chris in to 5th on the Most Votes List and only one behind Scowen and Wing for MOTM winners.

He’s developing in to our next highest highest transfer fee. 👏🏻

• Chris isn’t going anywhere until he proves he can stay fit for 3 months in a row.

• I know I’ve not been to the gym for a while but this seems a little harsh.